Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Black Sunshine,

The car is a blast to drive and I don't want to sell! I need to purchase a house and lock in a mortgage with the rates at a 40 year low though.. nothing like crusing down the road with the top down and listening to nothing but the Vortech spinning and the rumble of the Borla exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The way I understand the history of the car is as follows:

The car was built to showcase the SN-95 S-351 Speedster slot for Saleen at the 1994 30th Anniv show in Charlotte (I have pictures and was at that show) to accomodate Steve Saleen's Yellow SR coupe and the Maroon V6 Sport car. I actually have pictures of the car being finished and unveiled at Young Ford in Charlotte before the show. While at the show Bodine's family saw the car and fell in love with the speedster and really liked the fact that the build number was the same as his racing number (#11). The Bodine family purchased the car from Saleen and had the car for a period of time when Saleen purchased that car back from Bodine b/c they had another buyer in S. CA who was interested in the car. The new owner decided he wanted an "SR" speedster and was willing to write a check to make it happen even though Saleen had not produced a street ready "SR" car. This car was used to prototype the SR parts for the street cars and was also used to prototype the light bar for the SN95 bodystyle (this particular car has a provision for the light in the light bar, but no light is present due to the early production). The car also received the full SR engine treatment and 97 spec computer & fuel system upgrade by the Saleen race team, a special set of Recaro seats (only two sets made for Saleen), a real full carbon fiber hood (not the carbon/compsite seen on most cars), Alcon big brakes, SR underbody bracing & real SR wing from a race car (ultra heavy duty and much heavier than street SR wing), and a host of other goodies. The car was then driven all over S. CA by the new owner & Saleen to promote Saleen Performance and the joint venture offshore powerboat team "Outta Control". The car was then sold a couple of years later for a Ferrari F355 Spyder and was purchased by the owner I purchased the car from who owned the car for a couple of years and had to sell the car to pay for his wedding, honeymoon, etc. She is worth giving the car up for :) lol. I have owned the car since 1999 and have done nothing but show the car and preserve the historical value. I have come to the point where interest rates are attractive and I am considering letting the car go to fund a down payment on a primary residence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts