Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking into springs and I found this Bullitt kit from Ford Racing. It runs just under $400.00 and includes "C" springs, Tokico Shocks and struts and front and rear sway bars. This seems like a pretty smokin deal. Anyone running this setup?

How is the handling?

How is the ride?

CC Plates needed?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well, I've seen many posts in which people complain about the terrible ride from the C springs. I sure as hell wouldn't mind the sway bar switch, though. I can't imagine that Bullitt springs are C springs, anyone?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ragtop_99 said:
I have been looking into springs and I found this Bullitt kit from Ford Racing. It runs just under $400.00 and includes "C" springs, Tokico Shocks and struts and front and rear sway bars. This seems like a pretty smokin deal. Anyone running this setup?

How is the handling?

How is the ride?

CC Plates needed?

Thanks for any replies.
Look at some dealership and see if they have a Bullit on their lot. If they do take it for a spin and see if you are pleased with the difference. Thats what I would do.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Re: FRPP Bullitt Suspension Package opinions?

stock2002gt said:
Look at some dealership and see if they have a Bullit on their lot. If they do take it for a spin and see if you are pleased with the difference. Thats what I would do.
My C springs ride great. Don't give me the 'Texas has great roads' bit either :p. There are bad roads everywhere. If I'm gentle with the pedal then my car rolls over the bumps and dips fine. But I've always tried to avoid roads that are known to have crators and bumps.:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the kit, I got it for $400 from my local FRPP dealer. I love it, Its is the smae setup that came on the Bullitt, I think it handles great my only complaint is that i wish it loward the car more. I highly recommend it, also get better LCA's they make a world of difference.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yellow, I mean rear lower control arms...If your going to change springs/shocks you should toss the crappy stock arms...Trust me your handling will greatly improve!

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
I know I like the ride of my Bullitt better than stock GT's or Mach 1's. Its fun on roads with curves, and for me its just the right hight (any lower and I would need new cat's and front "mud guards").

·
Registered
285 Posts
Any suggestions on which Lower Control Arms to get? Also what did you pay for the install of the Bullitt kit? I have one sitting in a box with a Steeda Strut Tower Brace too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I asked myself when I put on my springs "aren't lower springs suppose to lower your car?" The setup raised my car 1/4 inch, but eventually settled because my rubber isolators wore out very quickly. I decided to cut the fronts 1 coil and the rear 1/2 coil. That gave me a 1 1/2 inch lower height than stock. That was after I installed the new prothane bushing to replace the worn out stock isolators. I think this setup will get me by for a while, that stock suspension is just terrible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would recommend them, but it will raise your car 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Might just put your ride height back to stock. If you are looking for a lowered look, the bullitt springs are not the way to go. I was exspecting a slight lowered look, but I wasn't satified, that is why I cut the springs. Also you do not need the c/c plates, everything will line up just fine.

·
Registered
524 Posts
yellow95 said:
So, I if I install bullitt springs, should I use the Energy Suspension Prothane spring isolators, or will the raise my car up too much?

Gary
The Bullitt kit I got from GEF came with new rear rubber isolators for the rear that I put in even though the stock ones weren't that bad. I'm sure that the new ones detracted from the drop, but they'll wear out soon enough.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
yellow95 said:
I may just go with c springs, energy suspension prothane isolators and the bullitt shocks and struts that are sitting in my garage. That should work, shouldnt it?

GG
Yes that setup is alright for a basic setup to get you started.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts