Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a replacement set of Timken hub assemblies part #513115 for my 95 Mustang. The set I received no longer contains the KOYO USA stamped bearings they did during my previous sets from 2012 and 2015. They have a bearing with no marking or stamping pressed in the hub. Timken was unable to tell me where there bearings were from, but that they meet their quality standard. Therefore I was going to return them.

I was looking at SKF or F.A.G. branded hubs as an alternative. Any experience or preference? I plan to rebuild the new hubs with high temp grease. Primary use is intermediate HPDE.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Ask Timken for a NAFTA certificate of origin for the part number. This is something that they will have on file for every part that they sell for export purposes. This will tell you where it was manufactured

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
No experience using them on the Mustang, but I've used SKF wheel bearings and bearing/hub assemblies on a couple of my other cars (Subarus and CTS-V). They seem to be quality parts.

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
I’m using SKF bearings on my car, but no feedback on how they fare for heavy abuse. I’ve also used SKF on the daily driver.

I’m pulling my front suspension apart for k member install and change my 94 spindles to 96+ if I remember to inspect the bearings for markings.

Several years ago I bought a Timkin bearing off eBay that came with no markings on it. Thought it was suspicious so I ordered a new one from a reputable source and it was marked and the exterior package was slightly different. I suspect the first bearing was a fake. There is a fake bearing market

1 - 4 of 4 Posts