Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be running the MM K-member with MM Offset font control arms. From what I read, I will need to get relocation brackets to move the sway bar forward an inch. Is this true?
If so, What is to keep me from drilling out the spot welds on the factory sway bar brackets and moving them forward an inch while the engine bay is empty, instead of using adapters? I think it would add 1/4-3/8 of an inch of width to each side if I did this.

Has anyone ever done this instead of using spacers/adapters?

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I just recently cut those off of my Fox body drag car and it is harder than it looks. If I remember correctly there are also spot welds on the bottom. I'm not sure you can get that bracket off without mangling it pretty good. The relocation brackets would be a lot less work and I would choose that all day long over cutting them off. I did use the relocation kit on a different car and it is a simple solution.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just curious if anyone had done this. I worked in autobody for 17 years. It would be take some work, but definitely do-able while the engine bay is empty. I was thinking more for rigidity and integrity.

I just recently cut those off of my Fox body drag car and it is harder than it looks. If I remember correctly there are also spot welds on the bottom. I'm not sure you can get that bracket off without mangling it pretty good. The relocation brackets would be a lot less work and I would choose that all day long over cutting them off. I did use the relocation kit on a different car and it is a simple solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts