Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ideas on street / strip skinny tires for 3.5 or 4" rim (15") I currently use the Good Year Eagles and their not going to work on the street. just looking for a Radial thats 26"tall (165R15).

one other thing how will the radials up front effect the MT ET Drags at the strip. Next year I will be using the BFG DR's any oppinions or choices will be appreciated. Thanks Danny

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have a buddy that is using some Kuhmos on the front of his 3.5" Prostars, He said they are awsome on the strip and very streetable. I can find out forsure what they are if you want.

Kyle

·
Registered
539 Posts
pep boy VW tires here just like everyone else. Will cause some sway on certain inda roads. But alas the price to hook on the street......

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Pep Boys futuras.

They do work great for the price and don't have the flat look when put on a mustang like some 165s do.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
468LC said:
Pep Boys futuras.

They do work great for the price and don't have the flat look when put on a mustang like some 165s do.

How much were they, Steve? My Convo Pro's are due-in on Friday.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
25 bucks each + mount and balance.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES! they are $25... Thanks for the pictures they do look nice! I know what you mean by flat. I called PEP BOYZ and the only thing I have a probem with is they are 24.5" tall! (Guess thats great for Pro-Tree action) my car altredy slopes down in the front.
The Eagles actually measure 25.5" tall.

Would you actually measure how tall they are while sitting on the car??????? maybe they are taller than what the sales person said! Your the best thanks!!!!

For the record they are "T" Rated.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
SVT CAMR said:
Would you actually measure how tall they are while sitting on the car??????? maybe they are taller than what the sales person said! Your the best thanks!!!!

SVT I am showing approx 25.25 inches OFF the car.:)

·
Super Moderator
4,769 Posts
Tires to stay AWAY from are the Roadhandler 165s from Sears. At 40 psi they look as though they are going flat. I had Hankooks before and they did just fine for two years until i caught road debris. I hate when people leave bungie cords on the roads.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the replys everyone.

This is what I came up with:

PEP BOYS futura 24.5" tall $50 pr.
KUHMOS (771) 24.5" tall $65 pr.
WIDE TRAC (get them from BB&T Racing 25.8" tall) $90 pr.
FIRESTONE F-560 25.5" tall $80 pr.
KELLY ? ? ?

All these are 165r15 tires

1 - 19 of 19 Posts