Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what all is needed to swap cobra front brakes on a 04 GT besides calipers, rotors, and lines?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
242 Posts
The kit with the pin, c-clip, and springs that attaches the caliper to the bracket. New pads????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The brackets for the calipers
Yep. I just did this swap on my GT (with Bullitt calipers rather than Cobras). In my case the calipers and brackets came assembled and with pads loaded. I picked up a set of rotors and lines and new hubs for good measure.

Easy swap, great looks and great braking.

A few pics of my install:

Before:

Rotor comparison:

Assembled:

After:

·
Registered
578 Posts
I did a complete swap to Mach brakes on my Saleen, loaded Mach 1 calipers are $117 with no core charge through Amazon, then all you need are rotors. Lines are NOT a must, but you might as well swap em out while you are there since they are cheap. Did my complete front swap with new parts for under $300 and pieced it together myself. A lot cheaper than buying a kit

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you provide a link to those calipers on amazon? I was able to find cobra calipers with brakets and hardware (no pads) for about $90 each.

Tack on about $105 for some Hawk HPS pads, and $120 for a decent set of blank rotors, and I come to $400. A bit more than I'd like to spend.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
So do they come with the Cobra script,ll the pics just show the back of them? Whats the difference in the ones metalman302 and JRP1588 show?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
So do they come with the Cobra script,ll the pics just show the back of them? Whats the difference in the ones metalman302 and JRP1588 show?
What script they will have, if any, is a crap shoot. Your best bet would be to go to whatever local stores in town stock them and have them pull them off the shelf so you can check. Locally will not be as cheap as Amazon, but at least you won't have to worry about a mis-matched set.

The cheaper ones I posted come with pads and brackets. The ones the other guy posted do NOT come with either. The pricing seems backwards I know, but that's what it is.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My 16s clear my 2004 mach 1 brakes. I'm converting my notch to five lug and would like to covert my car to five lug.
Really? The Bullitt brakes on mine barely clear stock 17" Bullitt rims:

Seems like a stretch to clear 16" rims.

I did a bit of a search and it seems like some 16" rims might fit (CCW Classics, for example) but with others you'd need to use spacers and/or grind material off the calipers.

Not my cup of tea but to each their own...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts