Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the Front Anti-Roll Bar on a Fox Body street driven car?
What effect would it have by removing it in a street driven Fox body?
What are the pros and cons of removing it?
THANKS

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I unhook mine for track day.
I've driven it like that on the street, and I do not like it. Sluggish steering response, front end wants to push thru corners, wants to wonder. Does ride nice tho... :).
Lots of people opperate without it, but for the 10 minuits it takes to remove or reinstall the end links, I'll keep with that method.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else

·
Registered
17 Posts
handling

good weight transfer but handling not near as good. still better than my 1st truck a 76 chevy luv........ loosen the end links up on track day and then afterwards tighten them down. try it, u'll like it!:lol:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Handling is fine w/o the front swaybar. Unless you drive like your in a nascar race, it'll be fine to daily drive w/o it. I pulled mine and have no regretts. I saved 25lbs off the front end and better weight transfer (front lifts more)

·
Registered
127 Posts
sway

i removed by about a month ago, it takes about a week getting used to. Grn92lx is right, as long as you don't treat it as an open wheel race car in the turns, you should be fine! My 91 rolls a little more through the corners, but i have to be easy on it right now anyway, considering we have 2 inches of snow. FWIW, just go ahead and take it off, see how you like it, after all, you can always put it back on. You can definitley feel a Weight Transfer difference even w/ a stock suspension. Other than that, your front end will sit about 1.5 - 2 inches higher.

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts