Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Have you checked the fusable links? they are made to blow if something happens like what happened to you (MAJOR SHORT) they can be easily checked with an ohm meter there around the selonoid I can't remember exactly what they look like but it took me a week and 3 alternators to figure out in my car (alternator started on fire, thats was my major short that started all my searching) hope this is the problem I know it's a cheap fix

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Thanks butchstang. Ive heard of a fusealbe link but not sure what that is exactly. IVe cecked all the high voltake fuses under the hood and found all to look fine and all held 12 volts...except for the fan fuse(10amps) which looked fine but didnt have any current going to it.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I think Ive found a solution. Im gonna take the old PCM out and hook up my personal computer, monitor, andkeyboard to the cars harness. All I need is an adapter. Should be able to get that at comp USA. Then I can program my car to run. After I get it running I'll program it to run 12's without the blower. I cant beleive no ones tought of this! I aint to smart on puters but It cant be that complicated.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
If you guys want, after I become an expert at tuning with my personal computer you guys can link your cars via the www and I can tune your guyses cars at my computer while I enjoy a red soda and ham samich. Any takers?

Well heres the deal, (you made me get off my chair:mad: ) I have an 88 GT and on mine I took off the coil cover and in between the coil and the Battery there are wires (obviously) some of these wires have rubber blocks on them (you can tell there a fusable link because in my car they say "fusable link" right on them) the only way I know to test them is to check for voltage on one side then the other (with a pick driven into the wire) if you can figure out which way the current flows I think you will find some of these are blown and to replace them is cheap, to make the repair look good that's another story well good luck and I will be waiting for that www.gofastquickwithahamsamich.com website

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Thanks Butchstang and all the rest that gave imput. The fact of the matter is, no matter how much advice you give a dumbass....he's still a dumbass. I found out today the root of all my problems was a 20amp fuse located under the dash. Its for the CCRM. I saw my friend get under their and check those fuses but apparently he didnt check good enough. After I replaced this fuse and turned the key I heard the fuel pump and my fan worked too. So I assume all is back to normal. I want to get my wiring secure before I EVER start it again. I really do appreciate all of your comments and suggestions. I still learned something though. I learned how to use a voltmeter, where my fusable links are(which looked good and held current), and how my PCM and CCRM work.

To make it up to you guys I will give you a free tune with my Royal PentiumII 233 home computer. Just uplink to the dubya.dubya.dubya and punch my name in and I can download the parameters to your hardmemory in your EEC. This programming stuff is a sinch YO!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.