Ford Mustang Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
stanger maniac

maybe it's because i am retarded but i didn't see what back spacing you are using for the fronts and rears. the wheels are 18/9 in the front and 18/10 in the rear, right?

i called american muscle and they told me that those size wheels would not fit on a fox. looks like they are wrong thankfully.

all i need to know is your back spacing.

thanks

· Registered
1,514 Posts
17x9s with 245/40s
94/95 spindles. upr kmember/aarms/coil overs
13" brakes
18x10s with 275/40
ranger axles
cobra brakes with north racecars brackets.

· Registered
16 Posts
Hi all, I've been reading as much as I can for probably the past few months. My 89 GT needs tires bad, it's in storage for the winter but I need tires before I drive it (powersliding in 2nd on dry pavement with a stock powerplant isn't what I call safe, fun as it may be :D).

Anyway, long story short, what a number of you guys here have done (9" in front, 10" in back) is exactly what I want to do with my stang, but I always get discouraged reading around what's necessary.

Rolling the fender doesn't bother me, nor flipping quads, but about half the threads I read say you can't fit 18x10s on a Fox without mini-tubbing or BFH-ing the inner fender.

So I guess I pose the question to the group (especially Nova72, stanger_maniac, or anyone else who's done this), what sort of mods does it take to get 18x10s on the rear of a fox? Mine isn't lowered and given the streets and driveways around here it may never be.

From this thread it seems what I need to do is:
Convert to 5-lug, 94-95 cobra fronts and north racecars rear cobra kit would work.
Flip quads.

...and I should be able to get the 17x9/18x10 FR5s on?

Thanks for any help.

· Registered
474 Posts
So are all of you guys rolling the rear quarter lips to clear the 10 inch wheel setup in the rear with lowering springs? Is there enough clearance to pull it off without rolling the lips if the max tire width is not used? I love the look, but do not want to roll my quarter lips.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.