Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5,234 Posts
rxracer said:
94/95 spindles have the same track width as the fox bodys, single piston calipers

96-98 have an 6?mm wider track width, single piston calipers

99-01 have an 8?mm wider track width, dual piston pbr calipers
'96-'04 have an 8mm wider track width.

I really like those 10" FR500s. I'm thinking about running those or the 18x10 Bullits when I get wheels for my 5-lug conversion.

· Registered
5,234 Posts
stanger maniac said:
i also rolled the fender lips using that tool that mounts onto the hub. the quad shock was flipped over for the time being but willl be removed when i had some LCAs.
Did you roll them front and rear? Do you have a link to the tool that you used, or a picture at least?

· Registered
5,234 Posts
bossmanGT said:
Some replica company must make these in a 4 lug, soon. They already have the wheels that will feature on the 2007 shelby available, so it should just be a matter of time.
Don't hold your breath. It's a little bit more difficult for wheels like these to be made in 4-lug and still look good. The wheel's split spoke follows the 5-lug's pattern, being placed around each lug. The same goes for the Bullits. They'd have to cut into a spoke and partially of another to make them work in 4-lug. But, they could probably make them with some-kind of curved cover inspired by the spokes, but that's where you get into the wheel looking different.

· Registered
5,234 Posts
Luke, have you read somewhere that the '99+ spindles increase track width more than 8mm? I have never heard/read this. The only thing I have heard of being wider than the '94-'98 cars on the '99+ cars, is the rear end.

· Registered
5,234 Posts
I know that the cam and power level your car is running usually dictates whether or not you should upgrade your booster, but this is the first I have heard a positive reaction from the stock booster in conjunction with Cobra brakes on the fox, and with so much power your car puts out.

What springs do you have on your car, BTW? Thanks for the quick reply :)

· Registered
5,234 Posts
Well, that's good news since I have Bs as well. Mine seems lower than yours though, even with my 16s and it's even got poly isolators all the way around. Do you have an updated pic of it with the cut springs?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.