Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
trolls56 said:
Looks nice which spindels do you have and are those stock fox lengh axles or sn95? Anything else to make the fit?
this is the brake setup i went with:
front
sn95 spindles, rotors, calipers from 94 or 95, 93 cobra booster, 96v6 MC

the front isnt much of a concern trying to clear a 9" wheel.

rear
sn95 brakes, cobra rotors, stock length axles(aerostar or ranger), north coast racer brackets

to make the 10s fit you need to go with stock length axles and go no larger than a 285/35 wheel. i went with 275/35s just because i didnt know how much clearance id have but now that i see how the wheels sit, i think id be able to squeeze a 285 in there. i also rolled the fender lips using that tool that mounts onto the hub. the quad shock was flipped over for the time being but willl be removed when i had some LCAs.

· Registered
572 Posts
trolls56 said:
I have a set of 2000 gt spindels and hubs do you know if there is a difference between the 95s and if so what it is?

not sure about the 2000 gt spindles. the 96-98 have an even wider track over the 94,95. with how the fronts sit with the 94,95 i can imagine the newer spindles will make the wheels stick out like a 4x4.

· Registered
572 Posts
93BlownSnake said:
btw... is that really a 10" wheel in the back? Is that still the factory GT/LX backspacing in the rear?
okay i was joking about the rear wheels being 10. lol
of course they're 10s. notice the rear lip, which is much more than the 9"
fronts.
as stated earlier, the axles are stock length, which is the only way youd be able to run 10s and have the wheels tucked in nicely unless you get some custom offset wheels. the great thing about this setup is that youd be able to fit all the popular 10" wide replica wheels like saleens, bullits, etc.

i wouldnt go any wider than a 285 with this setup. i cant imagine 295s fitting as the clearance inside is minimal. there is roughly 1/4" clearance from the flipped quad shock. i havent checked the clearance with the inside wheel well but i doubt there is much to work with.

· Registered
572 Posts
bossmanGT said:
Are the FR500's available in a 4 lug set? These wheels are awesome but I don't want to convert a 89' foxbody.
they dont make these wheels in 4lug. probably wouldnt look bad in 4lug. however, you'd need to replace those measely rear drums with discs and go with larger front rotors to complement the nice wheels.

· Registered
572 Posts
if done slowly and carefully with the heat gun you will not chip the paint. when i did mine it chipped on the inside in some areas only because i wasnt as careful as i couldve been. the car will be painted so i didnt mind.

· Registered
572 Posts
svoman2300 said:
I have 01 spindles with Fox control arms and Eibach springs on my SVO with 17x9 Konigs and 255/40's no rubbing what so ever.
what offset are the wheels? typically with a 01 spindle using any of the popular factory wheels with a 24mm offset would make the wheel stick out, especially with a 255 tire.

· Registered
572 Posts
with the stock length axles u will not have any issues with the 10s in the rear. i went with that setup on my 92 and have plenty of clearance with the 10s and 275s in the rear. i did roll the fender lips for insurance.

· Registered
572 Posts
skippystang said:
Well I aksed because i called wheelreplicas today and asked to speak with Jeff but a guy named Brian I believe attended my call. I specifically told him I had done the brake conversion and all the bla bla....well he flat out told me that the 10.5 FR5 would not fit the rear of my 91 GT. I explained to him that they were already on fox body cars with these wheels and he simply told me it was not possible.

That is why I asked where you bought the wheels because if I am calling and wheel replicas says no can do then I want the ones you have that do fit with the nice polished lip. Man those rims look just awesome.

The fronts are 17X9 and the rears are 17 X10.5 right?
ii put on 18x10s and had no issues. as far as 10.5"s in the rear of a fox, i personally have not seen it in person. a few on here swear they fit but you be the judge. the couple pics ive seen ive gotten mix reactions..some look like they fit while others "appear" to be sticking out a lil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.