Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pictures of 18 inch fr500 wheels on a fox?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
here are 18x10&18x9 anthracite FR500 on my 92gt. this is a in progress shot as there are many things left to do to the car. ill take a better full car shot later on.




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks nice which spindels do you have and are those stock fox lengh axles or sn95? Anything else to make the fit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
trolls56 said:
Looks nice which spindels do you have and are those stock fox lengh axles or sn95? Anything else to make the fit?
this is the brake setup i went with:
front
sn95 spindles, rotors, calipers from 94 or 95, 93 cobra booster, 96v6 MC

the front isnt much of a concern trying to clear a 9" wheel.

rear
sn95 brakes, cobra rotors, stock length axles(aerostar or ranger), north coast racer brackets

to make the 10s fit you need to go with stock length axles and go no larger than a 285/35 wheel. i went with 275/35s just because i didnt know how much clearance id have but now that i see how the wheels sit, i think id be able to squeeze a 285 in there. i also rolled the fender lips using that tool that mounts onto the hub. the quad shock was flipped over for the time being but willl be removed when i had some LCAs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool what size tire are you running up front? I was planning on running 295 out back but i guess ill just stick with some 285s then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
im running 245/40/18 on the fronts. i wouldnt go anything wider than than that on the front when running 94,95 spindles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a set of 2000 gt spindels and hubs do you know if there is a difference between the 95s and if so what it is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
I have never seen or heard of those wheels being made in 4 lug.. I have searched.
They look killer on the car though... Damn thats hot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
btw... is that really a 10" wheel in the back? Is that still the factory GT/LX backspacing in the rear?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
93BlownSnake said:
btw... is that really a 10" wheel in the back? Is that still the factory GT/LX backspacing in the rear?
stanger maniac said:
rear
sn95 brakes, cobra rotors, stock length axles(aerostar or ranger), north coast racer brackets

to make the 10s fit you need to go with stock length axles and go no larger than a 285/35 wheel. i went with 275/35s just because i didnt know how much clearance id have but now that i see how the wheels sit, i think id be able to squeeze a 285 in there. i also rolled the fender lips using that tool that mounts onto the hub. the quad shock was flipped over for the time being but willl be removed when i had some LCAs.
I'd say it has to be a 10" wheel just because it has a lip. Looks like a perfect fit to me. Cut of the fender lip and run 295s, but I image the clearance problem is then on the inside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
trolls56 said:
I have a set of 2000 gt spindels and hubs do you know if there is a difference between the 95s and if so what it is?

not sure about the 2000 gt spindles. the 96-98 have an even wider track over the 94,95. with how the fronts sit with the 94,95 i can imagine the newer spindles will make the wheels stick out like a 4x4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
93BlownSnake said:
btw... is that really a 10" wheel in the back? Is that still the factory GT/LX backspacing in the rear?
okay i was joking about the rear wheels being 10. lol
of course they're 10s. notice the rear lip, which is much more than the 9"
fronts.
as stated earlier, the axles are stock length, which is the only way youd be able to run 10s and have the wheels tucked in nicely unless you get some custom offset wheels. the great thing about this setup is that youd be able to fit all the popular 10" wide replica wheels like saleens, bullits, etc.

i wouldnt go any wider than a 285 with this setup. i cant imagine 295s fitting as the clearance inside is minimal. there is roughly 1/4" clearance from the flipped quad shock. i havent checked the clearance with the inside wheel well but i doubt there is much to work with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
572 Posts
bossmanGT said:
Are the FR500's available in a 4 lug set? These wheels are awesome but I don't want to convert a 89' foxbody.
they dont make these wheels in 4lug. probably wouldnt look bad in 4lug. however, you'd need to replace those measely rear drums with discs and go with larger front rotors to complement the nice wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,243 Posts
94/95 spindles have the same track width as the fox bodys, single piston calipers

96-98 have an 6?mm wider track width, single piston calipers

99-01 have an 8?mm wider track width, dual piston pbr calipers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,117 Posts
rxracer said:
94/95 spindles have the same track width as the fox bodys, single piston calipers

96-98 have an 6?mm wider track width, single piston calipers

99-01 have an 8?mm wider track width, dual piston pbr calipers
'96-'04 have an 8mm wider track width.

I really like those 10" FR500s. I'm thinking about running those or the 18x10 Bullits when I get wheels for my 5-lug conversion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,117 Posts
stanger maniac said:
i also rolled the fender lips using that tool that mounts onto the hub. the quad shock was flipped over for the time being but willl be removed when i had some LCAs.
Did you roll them front and rear? Do you have a link to the tool that you used, or a picture at least?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
stanger maniac said:
they dont make these wheels in 4lug. probably wouldnt look bad in 4lug. however, you'd need to replace those measely rear drums with discs and go with larger front rotors to complement the nice wheels.
Some replica company must make these in a 4 lug, soon. They already have the wheels that will feature on the 2007 shelby available, so it should just be a matter of time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,117 Posts
bossmanGT said:
Some replica company must make these in a 4 lug, soon. They already have the wheels that will feature on the 2007 shelby available, so it should just be a matter of time.
Don't hold your breath. It's a little bit more difficult for wheels like these to be made in 4-lug and still look good. The wheel's split spoke follows the 5-lug's pattern, being placed around each lug. The same goes for the Bullits. They'd have to cut into a spoke and partially of another to make them work in 4-lug. But, they could probably make them with some-kind of curved cover inspired by the spokes, but that's where you get into the wheel looking different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,111 Posts
stanger maniac said:
here are 18x10&18x9 anthracite FR500 on my 92gt. this is a in progress shot as there are many things left to do to the car. ill take a better full car shot later on.




Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but what's the backspacing on your wheels?
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top