*Fits 1999-04 production 4V DOHC 4.6L cylinder heads
*Excellent power to 7000 rpm
*12 mm lift, 258 degrees intake and 254 degrees exhaust, 109 center line
*Kit includes cams, valves, valve springs, valve seals and followers
*May require calibration to achieve optimum performance

·
Registered
987 Posts
This kit works for 96-98 cobras. It was initially on a B head I believe as the FR500 was an SN95 body style? Anyways a great kit for N/A motors and can't beat the price

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
This kit works for 96-98 cobras. It was initially on a B head I believe as the FR500 was an SN95 body style? Anyways a great kit for N/A motors and can't beat the price
Nope, these were never used on B heads and the FR500 heads are totally different. However, the entire kit will work with B heads.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Crap. If this had come up a few months ago...

Bump for you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can you post some pics of the kit and comfirm that it is NIB and not missing any parts??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you post some pics of the kit and comfirm that it is NIB and not missing any parts??
I'm NOT pulling everything out of the box and taking pictures. All that stuff will never go back in the box.
If you have any reservations, I suggest you don't buy it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm NOT pulling everything out of the box and taking pictures. All that stuff will never go back in the box.
If you have any reservations, I suggest you don't buy it.
Hold on there cowboy.... you have no trader feed back, the economy sucks, and poeple are running scams all the time. Do you have a pic of the box, or could you take a pic while opening one end of the box???

If you are for real, I will buy it right now, I just want to make sure I am getting the real deal with no missing parts.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Hold on there cowboy.... you have no trader feed back, the economy sucks, and poeple are running scams all the time. Do you have a pic of the box, or could you take a pic while opening one end of the box???

If you are for real, I will buy it right now, I just want to make sure I am getting the real deal with no missing parts.

Ford Racing is selling these for only a little more that what they are being sold for int his thread. With that, there shouldn't be any concerns that this price is too low and should worry about a scam.

BTW, a box would tell you nothing other than he has a box.

If the OP is who I think is you have no worries.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ford Racing is selling these for only a little more that what they are being sold for int his thread. With that, there shouldn't be any concerns that this price is too low and should worry about a scam.

BTW, a box would tell you nothing other than he has a box.

If the OP is who I think is you have no worries.

By posting a box instead of the Ford pic above, I know that the OP has the item, I also get to verify the part number. And if he would only be kind enough to open the box and post a pic that would give me some more confidence on buying them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
How much of a HP increase do you get with this set up with a NA motor? How would this kit compare to something like a comp cams stage II?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How much of a HP increase do you get with this set up with a NA motor? How would this kit compare to something like a comp cams stage II?
It really depends on your current mods.

Remember, This is a kit and comes with far more than what you can buy from Comp as a kit and for a FAR less price.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Remember, This is a kit and comes with far more than what you can buy from Comp as a kit and for a FAR less price.
VERY true.

This kit was a (relative) bargain even when it was ~ $1400 due to all the parts included in addition to the cams themselves.

At $825 it's an absolute steal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts