Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a writeup on the new ford performance solutions stroker kit in mm&ff, and was wondering if anyone has pricing info? looks like a well built kit, even though it only adds 10 cubic inches. just looking to compare it to the modmax kit(whenever it is available). one thing i like about the fps kit is that the rod ratio does not change much, allowing it to rev higher. any opinions?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
647 Posts
I saw it too wondering the same thing......

I have been wondering if the wrist pin will be intersecting the oil ring on the ModMax kits? If so this kit, even with the ground cranks, might be a better choice for daily drivers.......even considering that it's only a 10 CI increase......I'm not sold on either yet, but am awaiting further info!

SJ

·
Registered
291 Posts
doesnt the increase in displacement include a .020 overbore? (sorry, magazine not in front of me)

if so, any bore increase should yeild better breathing, as all i have read about the mod motor's dimensions suggest the unshrouding of the combustion chamber is a key to making big power.

.020 isnt a lot, but, hey, you have to start somewhere when the spray bore isnt available!

on another subject, what, if anything, is known about the ford motorsports 5.0 mod block that is said to be in the works for later this year??

·
Registered
307 Posts
Possibility

I heard from FRPP just the other day that a new race block would be available in 6 months. Aluminum with 93 mm steel liners.

FWIW We ALL heard the FR500 stuff would be out in Jan 02.

So take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
291 Posts
good point, john. baby steps....baby steps.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was curious about the wristpin location also, as my car is a daily driver that has to be emissions tested

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
c'mon, does anyone know anything about these kits? please reply

·
Registered
911 Posts
hey did anyone see the new 5.0 block by DART.
it could be overbored\stroked to give out 427 c.i.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts