Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
This LX is SOOOOOOO nice!!! :)

Thanks. I just put it back on the road after having it off for 6 years. I sold my '03 GT, got bored and brought it back out. I did the cobra disk brakes, some interior work and swapped the AOD to a 5-spd. Still got a few bugs to work out, but she's fun to drive and gets lots of looks

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
I asked around and looked at many many pictures of cars that came with them stock (vettes) and even on Baer's website of all their pics. Never had any issues so far if they are wrong. The strange thing was the rear rotors came with stickers that read install on the opposite I installed them on but then they would have been different from the fronts and different from the vettes and baer components.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...-foose-nitrous-20s-baer-brakes-stallion24.jpg
The direction of the slots and holes makes no difference since technically they do virtually nothing.

What makes a difference are the cooling vanes inside. If they are angled, they must trail the direction of rotation. If they are straight, it doesn't matter they can go on either side

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
For posterity, 99/01 Cobra Wheels. These also came on the 03 or 04 cars as "optional" in the polished, which I believe these are technically from. Either way, same damn wheel.

Is that your car? I think i'm following you on IG.

I have the same wheels taken off a 2004GT and you are right, other than the center caps (pony on the GT, SVT on the cobra) the wheel is the same. However i had to stop saying they were GT wheels on social media as guys were always quick to jump on my to insist i was wrong. So i just say 01 cobra wheels.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Unsure if I ever posted this.

SN95 spindles, Corvette C6 calipers custom painted, using Baer brackets, Cobra 13" rotor with 03/04 GT premium optional brite wheels. Bullitt springs in the photo, but should be on MM coilovers, arms and PHB by the time spring rolls around.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
I always liked 95 R, but I always felt the 98 Cobra wheel was a refinement. I searched hard to find a clean set of 98 Cobra wheels and had to buy some partial sets to put a mint set of 4 together. I think I have 7 wheels total.

ended up with a really nice mint set, and this is likely what I’ll toss on the car for the time being

only 8” wide, but there are shops that can fix that. Not sure if i'll actually put the money into doing that, but I was thinking of taking one of the bad ones, narrowing it to 5" and mouting a spare. The 98 Cobra wheel clears Brembos, so it would make a good spare I hope to never use.

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Spoke Wheel

21 - 36 of 36 Posts