Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My original paint '87 GT with genuine Ford Motorsport 17x9 Cobra R wheels. R58 5.95bs front and M179 6.42bs rears. Tires are Cooper 255/40/17 front and rear. H&R Sport springs. 5-lug conversion on stock brakes with ARP wheel studs and 3/4" wheel spacers in rear.

So clean and so very period correct, I love it! Can we see more photos, do you have build thread or ig?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Thanks!

I don't have a build thread, haven't visited the Corral in years but recently decided to look around. The car is actually pretty basic. I found it in Feb 2013 bone stock with 57k miles. It's been my daily drive since. You mentioned "period correct" and the old days (late 80's / early 90's) are where my interests lie. For performance mods it only has the intake silencer pulled, K&N filter, timing advanced 3 degrees, vintage blue SVO underdrive pulleys and Dynomax mufflers. It also has a Motorsport 140 speedo and NOS Motorsport logo plug wires. It's an auto but does have the hard to find factory 3.27 axle (available for auto's only) and it has no options, just the standard A/C and radio.

My Instagram is dennis_lacy and there's a handful of pictures of it there.

It’s dang near the perfect fox! I love the mods you’ve chosen for it seems like a great daily. I see you even have an older Alpine (?) head unit, very nice. An SVO leather wheel would set it off IMO, I wish I had one to give you lol. Cheers

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
My fav is and always will be 95 Cobra R wheels. They were MIND BLOWING when they came out. Of course I am dating myself but I drooled over the 16" Pony wheels when they first came out also. Young professional that wanted a new fox body but couldn't afford one. LOL.
I would like to find a nice set of real Ford Cobra R’s for a change of pace.

1 - 13 of 17 Posts