Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
If there's such a "thing"... a bolt on adapter would put your steering wheel pretty much into your chest.

I had to cut almost 3" off my factory shaft to put my steering wheel back to original position.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm going to be making one for a foxbody soon similar to this one on my sn95. Use it in conjunction with one of those new NRG low-profile quick releases and you're good to go. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would you loose the features of the multi-function/turn signals with the adapter?
Nope, does not affect those. Only steering wheel controls which you wouldnt have with an aftermarket steering wheel anyways.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Well, I don't know if it is classified as "quick release" per se, but all it takes to come off is a quick turn of a key into the collar and a slight turn and it pops right off. It's pretty quick. I also bought a "quick release" hub from Grant, one that you see the Nascar guys use, but I didn't want to weld the end of the steering shaft. With this one, I can return the set up to stock if desired.

Scott

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
This is a pic showing just the aftermarket wheel right before I put the Grant security hub in, the hub only added maybe an inch and a half to the column, but you can see it's still pretty roomy. Unless the OP has the seat way up I don't think they would hit this one, but I guess it technically isn't like the Nascar quick release style hubs.

Scott

·
Registered
515 Posts
Well, I don't know if it is classified as "quick release" per se, but all it takes to come off is a quick turn of a key into the collar and a slight turn and it pops right off. It's pretty quick. I also bought a "quick release" hub from Grant, one that you see the Nascar guys use, but I didn't want to weld the end of the steering shaft. With this one, I can return the set up to stock if desired.

Scott
Seems like a very viable piece vs what I have in which you pull a collar and the wheel comes off.
The fact it doesn't push the wheel back is important.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm going to be making one for a foxbody soon similar to this one on my sn95. Use it in conjunction with one of those new NRG low-profile quick releases and you're good to go. Let me know if you're interested.

Are you making the SN95 hubs, or, was it a "one off"?

I looked over your site and did not find anything regarding the hubs...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.