Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88’ 5.0 convertible GT with all original ground effects but I’ve been wondering how it would look to take off the GT front bumper and replace it with an LX front bumper with a lip in my head it would look badass and different keeping the rest of the GT ground affects and only changing the front bumper to an LX if you have any pictures of this or have any idea on how it would look please let me know on here!!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
You would have to remove the front fenders lower cladding as well. Then it would look like you repaired the car after a front end collision with the only parts you could find.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I wanted to try the later, shorter LX fender extensions on my 86 after I installed my MM K-member with the front axle centerline moved forward .75". I had to cut a 1" wedge out of the fender at the bottom where the extension fits. Turns out that although the 86 GT and later LXs appear to have similar bumpers, they're just close but not exact. The later body line-profiles don't match up to the earlier design. This could be overlooked because they are very close. But you are talking about significantly dissimilar pieces. Might work but to some extent I agree with 87gtVIC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts