Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant stand my vortech discharge tube anymore so im thinking of changing my intake track to a 93 style. this will allow me to use the vortech discharge tube for a fox.

i searched but could not find a complete list of exactly what i need to do this.
i have a track heat intake and my EGR is turned off.

anyone help me out?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I looked into this a while ago, I don't remember everything but at least I'll give you a bump and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I think the main thing you need to change is the throttle body and the throttle cable have to be 86-93 style. And you would have needed an egr spacer if you still had it, but you don't. I believe cruise control would be different also if you're keeping it. that's all I can think of, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. i hope i can get a complete list, even down to the right throttle cable bracket.

and for example...will my TPS and IAB sensors work or do i need new ones..etc.

ttt

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Lets see if I can help out here.Well crap I can't find my complete list. Well I do know you need throttle cable, cruise control cable, throttle cable bracket, 93-down TPS and IAB, and you need to make new pigtails, you can just use a EGR deletion plate...umm and of course the throttle body. I did a "mock-up" with a 93down tb and discharge tube. I would have had to cut the discharge tube a bit but wouldn't have been a problem. But I have a stock hood, so I didn't have the clearance. I am just going to wait till I upgrade my bypass valve to the Mondo bypass and use AFM's Super Bypass kit which uses a real nice discharge tube even on the 94/95 cars. Also since I don't have a spacer under my TFS R intake, I remember having problems with the throttle cable bracket hitting my valve cover. If you have a spacer then that shouldn't be a problem. When I find my list I will post it.

Troy

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just when i thought i knew every nut and bolt on my engine......

"pigtail"...this is another name for...?

thanks for the help.

-pete

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
ok, i just did mine a few days ago, i used a 93 cobra upper and 3/8 spacer, it all cleared with room to spare..i have a cobra r hood on my car..anyway, you need ,93 throttle cable (you will have to drill a new hole in the plate that the throttle cable goes through and bolts to the firewall), use one original hole,and just drill a new hole in the plate for the other screw.,93 throttle bracket,93 style t/b and egr (if using).the connecters are the same on the egr and temp sensor in water rail, you will have to splice into the tps wires because the connecter is different between the fox/sn95.i'll look in the morning and let you know which wires to splice together..i used the old connecter off a fox harness and left some wire off the end to splice the sn95 harness into..that way i can just disconnect it when i pull the intake off for changes..i have not hooked the cruise control up yet, but, it appears that i can just get a ball like what the throttle cable snaps onto on the t/b and make it work..so, i'll let you know about those wires in the morning,later

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So where did you get the wiring harness side of the TPS connector? Ive looked all over the place here and no luck. Is there someone that sells just the connector or what?? Help a brotha out. Thanks....

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
what i did for the harness side of the tps sensor, i just cut one off a extra fox harness that i had laying around..cut the wires long enough that they will reach the tps short harness coming off the t/b..i have not had a chance to get thosse wire colors/splicing for the stock harness to fox style tps..it's been raing everyday, hope fully when i get off today and get home i'll get it for ya,later

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thats the problem Im having, I cant find anyone who has a harness that is willing just to cut off that connector. Everyone wants to sell the whole harness and Im not about to spend $150 just for a connector.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
let me look around, i don't think i have another harness, but i know you can get them around here in the junk yards for 35-40.00..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts