Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i FINALY have all the parts to swap out my rearend in my 88 to a 97 with rear disk...and
1. any pics of the install or detailed instructions from anyone to put in the new m2809 ebrake cables? and

2. the lower control arms have a little extra bracket with a loop on it..on bolth sides...does this have anything to do with it?and finaly

3. what kind of fittings do i need to hook up the brake lines?

Anything would be great thank you
p.s. im sure ill be back with more questions

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
2809A cables are easy. Direct swap for your stockers. Not real hard. The 2810 is the middle cable that needs work to install it. Do a search for M2810A and you will find a few post for install tips.

For installing the entire axle, look at the M2300K directions:

http://www.mustangcentral.net/tech/brake.html

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another e brake ?

I have the two m2809 cables...and that was all i thought i need this sight is telling me i need to cut and weld stuff on my ebrake handle and stuff why cant i just put the 2809 cables to where my old ones went???
anyone want to shed some light on this?
thanks a bunch everyone

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
almost forgot

What master cylinder do i need? i heard you can buy it anywhere its just off of a different ford car?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Re: another e brake ?

Mikstang said:
I have the two m2809 cables...and that was all i thought i need this sight is telling me i need to cut and weld stuff on my ebrake handle and stuff why cant i just put the 2809 cables to where my old ones went???
anyone want to shed some light on this?
thanks a bunch everyone
No, that is the center 2810 cable. Not the cables that connect to the calipers.

You can do it like said to defeat the self adjusting mechanism, or search here for install tips on the 2810. If you adjust the cable right, you almost deafeat the self adjuster.

What MC? Do you have the stock cam? what brakes are you running up front?

You will also need to modify the PV by gutting it and installing the FMS plug and adjustable valve in the system.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do i have to?

So do i have to buy that middle cable and to the cutting and welding thing? or is there another way to leave the adjuster and just hook up the 2809 calbes to whats already there? im running SN95 brakes up front as well and yes i have the stock cam for now but someday will upgrade it...and i already have a willwood pv so im covered on that part.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
with the stock center cable, the 2809 cables were about 2-3" to short to even make it to the equalizer bar with the cable all stretched out.

Do a search on the 2810 cable for install tips.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
And don't forget those brackets on the control arms that you mentioned - they hold the e-brake cables away from the wheels. They are much nicer than the springs usedin the M-2300-K kit. I used those brackets when going to the T-Bird rear and they work real nice and add to that OEM look!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts