Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know it’s really not tech related, but I’m sure it means something to some. Sucks to see a reputable shop closing, but I respect the decision.

Reactions: jpe and superirish

·
Registered
1965 fastback 347 hci v3-si Pro M efi. Tko600 3:55
255 Posts
Wow! Bummer indeed.
I just received about (2 months ago) fully hand ported heads from him.
They look great!

He did mention they might be his last hand ported ones.

I just figured He’d rather do the CNC programmed ones.
I am self-employed and honestly just happy for him.
It’s a hard move to make because any change of day to day routine/career is scary even if it’s something positive.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Glad he can retire, I wanted to try a set of their ported heads! Look like quality work.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
wow, sorry to see that but I will always remember the name. Hope the name is passed on, make Fox Lake products great again!!

Reactions: Foot Hill

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad he can retire, I wanted to try a set of their ported heads! Look like quality work.
I agree. There are some good porting guys out there, but fox lake has such a good reputation.

I’m always glad when someone is in a position to step away, but I hope someone can fill the shoes left open. Glad he had as good of a run as he did. Not a lot can say that.

Reactions: Foot Hill

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I had Ron do a couple sets of High Ports for me in the past year. Both were a bit of "one-off" from his normal routine, with a different intake valve/port on one, and exhaust on the other. He was a great resource.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
when today's kids makes a fortune being "social influencers", there is no passion for anything anymore. its just "likes".

Drag strips closing, machine shops going under, engine, chassis builders, trans builders closing. And a tesla will crap on anything off the line.....the future is coming.

Im sure someone here has seen the movies "Idiocracy" and "V for Vendetta"

·
Registered
255 Posts
Blacksmiths. Saddle makers. Buggy makers. Leather workers. Craftsmen all. Faced this same basic problem when the automobile came along. There is a shift happening, for better or worse.
I pass a locale saddle maker every day in my small California cow town.
Makes me smile, it’ll be sad when they close down.

·
Registered
255 Posts
when today's kids makes a fortune being "social influencers", there is no passion for anything anymore. its just "likes".

Drag strips closing, machine shops going under, engine, chassis builders, trans builders closing. And a tesla will crap on anything off the line.....the future is coming.

Im sure someone here has seen the movies "Idiocracy" and "V for Vendetta"
Idiocracy
-this movie hurts to watch (because of all the stupidity) but unfortunately it’s becoming so true.
I recommend it to people who (like me) think most of the world’s population is full of mindless sheep.
BAF5E3B8-B48B-44EA-A82A-53698CF4E447.jpeg

·
Old timer
6,181 Posts
Ron is good people. His talents will be missed.

I can relate to his frustration though.... this is so much better than eating aluminum chips.

Reactions: Lemaster93 and jpe
1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.