Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking of repainting my SVO, no question it needs it. I'm not concered with it being factory at this point, but would like to get a color thats close to the factory color atleast. I'm thinking dark shadow grey would look nice, so post up your pics of foxes with dark shadow gray, or any other metalic grays.

Edit: Probably would get more responses in the appropriate section, not sure how I put it in the wheel section.

· Registered
156 Posts
SilverBack

Metallic Silver up top w/ DSG on the lower. Same paint codes as my F150.

· Registered
4,512 Posts
I went with a Lexus color, Smoky Granite Mica.

Another nice one that I considered going with is Dark Spiral Grey which is a Chevy/GMC (gasp!) color. Saw it on this guy's convertible and thought the pics looked great.

Honestly, there are a bunch of very nice looking dark greys out there today. Honda has used a really nice grey on the Accord for the past few years, there's the Pewter Grey that Ford has on the Edge, etc etc. The best thing to do IMO is to go to some new car dealers and look at cars in the sunlight. That's how I came to my decision. Pictures generally don't do a color justice, so it's best to see it first hand and go from there.

· Registered
156 Posts
cbibb - love the color...your build story sounds nearly identical to mine. It's all worth it in the end...but there really is no end in sight. Haha

· Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies guys, nice looking cars. Irisboom, I like that you painted the mirrors, I was thinking of doing that also. I'm surprised I done see many other foxes with painted mirrors.

· Registered
3,156 Posts
I went with a Lexus color, Smoky Granite Mica.

Another nice one that I considered going with is Dark Spiral Grey which is a Chevy/GMC (gasp!) color. Saw it on this guy's convertible and thought the pics looked great.

Honestly, there are a bunch of very nice looking dark greys out there today. Honda has used a really nice grey on the Accord for the past few years, there's the Pewter Grey that Ford has on the Edge, etc etc. The best thing to do IMO is to go to some new car dealers and look at cars in the sunlight. That's how I came to my decision. Pictures generally don't do a color justice, so it's best to see it first hand and go from there.
I really like the LEXUS Grey

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.