Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying an 89-95 Mustang GT/Cobra as a daily driver and was wondering if there is any significant handling difference between the two generations of cars. The pre-SN95s are lighter, so they have an advantage there. Anything else to consider in the suspension design, etc.?

Also, what is the weight difference between the 89-93 notch and fastback?

Thanks,
RichJ

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There are a few advantages that the Sn95s have over most fox bodies.

First they are a stiffer chassis than the fox3. Some of this can be attributed that they are all coupes except the verts. The fox3 cars had the hatchback which is more flexible.

They also have a bit wider track front and rear. The front suspension geometry is better with thier spindles.

Also consider the Sn95 has better brakes to start with and up front they are a modular design. So upgrading if very simple and not that costly anymore.

Stock vs stock the sn95 gets the nod here. You can do the same on the fox3 cars, just you have to spend a few dollars to upgrade the chassis and brakes to the same level.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The SN95 cars have a lot less rattles then the Fox cars... they give a sense of more refinement then the Fox cars and the brakes are decent stock.

For a track car i might start with a Fox due to lower price and weight. For a daily driver I would get the SN95.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Handling is basically the same. It's the same car underneath.
The Fox is a bit smaller, lighter, and more flexible, but you can fix that cheaply with subframe connectors.
You thinking about a street only car, a track car, keeping it basically stock?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts