Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 92 that just turned 54,000 miles, i just completed a cam intake swap, i put a trick flow stage one cam, with a ported gt40 lower and cobra upper, other mods are cold air kit, msd coil,cat back, headers, hpipe,373 gears, king cobra clutch,what should i expect putting a 75mm tbody and mass air?thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
75mm tb is quite a bit too big for your combo as it sits. A 65 would be a lot better for it, only time you need to go bigger than a 65 is with forced or more cubes. You won't lose horespower, you just won't have the same throttle response. I'd go with a 65mm tb and a 75mm pro-m

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think about just the mass air meter and smoothing up the t-body, i removed the screen allready?

·
Registered
353 Posts
well, I'm not really sure about your future plans for the car, heads, nitrous, etc. but I would go with a pro-m meter definitely, and you can get it re-calibrated for bigger injectors. For right now though, I would pick up a set of 24# injectors and a 75mm pro-m maf. For the tb, maybe see if you can pick up a cheap 65tb, like an explorer, I'm not sure what kind of budget you are on. And if you go with new injectors/maf, definitely get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Everyone I know, including myself, has had good luck with the kirban one, and its only 70 bucks or so.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I'd say heads next, that would open it up quite a bit

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hell yeah it would! Just ran mines last night for the first time after cam and head swap. Previous best was 12.48 @ 109, new best on shakedown run, 11.86 @ 117. Couldn't make another run though, tried to talk to track management for another run but got denied untill I get a bar in. (Fair enough) I know she's got a 11.6 in her right now. Oh well, will get a 6 point in and dump da squeeze for my ATI P1SC-2, damn can't wait!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red87GT5.0 said:
well, I'm not really sure about your future plans for the car, heads, nitrous, etc. but I would go with a pro-m meter definitely, and you can get it re-calibrated for bigger injectors. For right now though, I would pick up a set of 24# injectors and a 75mm pro-m maf. For the tb, maybe see if you can pick up a cheap 65tb, like an explorer, I'm not sure what kind of budget you are on. And if you go with new injectors/maf, definitely get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Everyone I know, including myself, has had good luck with the kirban one, and its only 70 bucks or so.
budget, ha, yeah not much of one, im looking for the most bang for the buck right now,so my choice was a small nitrous wet kit:lol: ive seen many bangs over the years that cost lotsa bucks!im wanting to keep this just as drivable as i can, id like to put heads on but ive also got a coupe that im planning to make a monster one day,ive been batting around the idea of porting a set of e-7s, or finding a cheap set of aluminum heads,i do plann on getting the regulator, and upgrade the pump, i like the idea of the explorer t-body,ive got a steak appetite on a bologna budget!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts