Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,229 Posts
I've had them all. The best system hands down is the Ron Davis. I have the entire kit and control it through the Holley. Keeps my hot headed Kenne Bell combo at 170 no matter the conditions.
I have this same setup in a dual pass. Works awesome.

Best fans are Spals.

· Registered
4,229 Posts
When I ordered my Ron Davis radiator/fan setup I wanted maximum cooling. Had a long conversation with Ron with my situation.

I went with the older style brush Spal fans. They flow 100cfm more each than the brushless style. Downside is they pull more amps. Don't remember the exact difference, but I believe the amps are double. I'm running them on pwm so only when they are at full duty is when the amp difference is noticeable. In hind sight, I think I could have gotten away with the brushless fans. Always nice to have extra flow of needed though.

· Registered
4,229 Posts
I just did 3 thermostat changes on 3 different engines. All were original factory when removed.

2009 gm 3.6 dohc 180*

2013 gm 5.3 190*

2017 gm 1.4 221* (2018 and newer were changed to cooler stats due to issue with high temps and hoses and parts cracking.)

IMO you can not just make a blanket statement that a certain temp is desired for all engines. I run a boosted sbf. Heat it the enemy when it comes to detonation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts