Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the dash out for of my 92 LX coupe to clean up wiring. There is one connector and one module that I have no idea what they. I am looking for help in identifying their purpose.

The first 3 pictures are of a yellowish 8 pin flat connector found tucked deep behind the instrument panel nearby the brake pedal switch.

The next two images are of the module and its connectors found in the center area near radio and A/C controls. I assume it is the air bag module, it has no identification marks, I opened it and there was a circuit board with print that read: FUEL IN/FUEL OUT COOLANT IN/COOLANT OUT

I've looked at plenty diagrams to make me dizzy and still no clue. Need help on this one. Thanks for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Connector looks like C214 - Speed Control Amplifier

Looking at it with the locking tab on the left, wires should be:

Blank
W/PK
GY/BK
O/Y
P/LB
Y/R
BR/LG
Blank

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
As I recall the Airbag Diagnostic Module is a blue box.

The black one looks like the Premium Sound Amplifier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any other ideas?

Any other ideas? The pictures of the sound amplifier show heavy heat-sinks around the unit and the connectors are different. The airbag module also appears to be different.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Agree it is not the amplifier.

Any other markings on the module or its PCB? Any Patent numbers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
2 more pics

Here are two more pictures I took of the module. The bracket is rivet onto the casing and has a faded production that you can barely make out that says: MADE IN CANADA

I followed one of the wires from the harness it connects to, and it leads to the instrument panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Low Fluid Module!

OK after tracing wires for a time and looking at wiring diagrams for all years it turns out to be a Low Fluid Module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts