Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
927 Posts
I paid him to bore it balance it and install new internals... I discoveres that he did not bore, balance or clean anything. He mounted new crank and bearings and closed it back up.
Please explain this in real terms, not your poor generalizations.
Was a bored block dropped off or a stock block?
That new crank just fit into a stock block?
That lifter valley was clean when you dropped it off?
You made a spreadsheet explaining step by step engine disassembly, cleaning, machining, and assembly procedures with time and cost estimates?

You are telling half the story using your opinions or you don't know what you are talking about.

Before you disregard my comment, I will inform you that I have made dozens of spreadsheets with every detail from the time an engine leaves my property until it is completed and unwrapped on my shop floor. Every penny, time by 15min interval, courier charge, phone call, email, km(mile), part, and shop materials is accounted for. As well as dimensions, part #, tq specs, comments, and related pics.

· Registered
927 Posts
EDIT: Dammit, caught by the nechro post bump.

It took you 2 YEARS and 4 months to post those pictures?
I would have thought if this was a serious issue, you would have posted them right away back in July.
Up here there is a 2yr statute of limitation for small claims from the date of transaction, unless you go in deep with lawyers.
Either fight your case or whine about it enough until someone irrelevant and gullible enough listens.

· Registered
927 Posts
I don't have a horse in this race, but if he really paid $3200 for reusing his old parts, it seems a bit high based on what the pictures show.
On the high end, Assemble and paint $600, polish crank $100, size and purchase bearing $300, purchase and fit rings $200, gaskets $150, hone $300.
Not sure what could have got it to be $3200.
A pic of the invoice would hopefully remove all of these generalizations, opinions and assumptions.

· Registered
927 Posts
Ok, let me preface this by saying the following.........

Thank you, be well.
Maybe a well written professional reply should be made to copy and paste.
There is nothing left here other than petty drama. Make a document for yourself that has any information related to this customer including your written version of the transaction. If the guy has a valid claim, go to court, then post the final decision if you care to.

You have worked hard for many years and have your personal priorities to deal with.

You picked up the phone and chatted with me at no cost many times. If I could return time to you now I would.

"Thank you, be well."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts