Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of American Racing four bolt 15x7 inch wheels which came on my '92 Mustang. They seem to have a 4-1/4 inch bolt pattern, but the hub holes are too large which doesn't allow the wheel to center properly, resulting in a vibration. They came on the car when I purchased it and I quickly replaced them with the proper Pony wheels. My question is are these Ford wheels, but not Mustang wheels? Are there other 4-1/4 inch bolt pattern four bolt Ford applications that have a larger hub? I know older Mazda bolt patterns are close so I tried them on a friend's RX7 and they didn't fit. Perhaps a Mazda truck with a larger hub?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
It sounds like you have some wheels that fit on your car, but are not made by Ford.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the bolt pattern is correct, but the hub hole is too large. I was told the hub hole of a wheel must fit snug around the hub. The hub centers the wheel and the bolts keep it on. With a hub hole that is too large, the bolts may not center the wheel perfectly. I was curious if there were different Ford vehicles which have the same 4-1/4 inch bolt pattern, but have a larger hub that would fit the larger holes of these wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts