Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the bushings on the Ford Racing uppers be able to handle the megabite sr's w/ no quad shocks, or would I be better off getting HPM's boxed uppers w/ poly bushings?

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have the Srs. with new cobra uppers,( the ones on a stock 93 cobra, which are 2x as stiff as the factory ones.) this setup was recommended to me by a well known tuner, If that helps any, BTW i also have no quad shocks and eveything is fine. I do not race it at the strip alot though

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
anyone who uses them w/ MegaBite Jrs or Srs at the track want to chime in? please? :)

The rest of my suspension will be 90/10s up front, 50/50s out back and the uppers are the last piece of the puzzle

·
Registered
205 Posts
fivepntohh said:
i have the Srs. with new cobra uppers,( the ones on a stock 93 cobra, which are 2x as stiff as the factory ones.) this setup was recommended to me by a well known tuner, If that helps any, BTW i also have no quad shocks and eveything is fine. I do not race it at the strip alot though
What are the Srs. like on the street, any noise or harhness from the heim joint?

How long do you think the heim joint will last driving them on the street?

Craig

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I had the Jrs and FRPP HD uppers for 2 years. No problems at all with them. Quad shocks came off the same day I installed them.

Now I currently still have a set of Srs and Megabite double adjustable uppers in it. Noisey and clunky but they seem to be working out well. I have a set of UPR lowers waiting to go in though, probably next weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts