Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS just wondering if any of you are using ford motorsport suspension springs ? I just bought a set from a guy and he told me it should drop my car around 1 1\2 inc is this right or wrong , also if any of you guys have any pic of your car with the ford motorsport spring i would love to see what they look like . THANKS DARREN

·
Registered
621 Posts
Darren, if you're referring to the C springs, I have them. I don't know how they drop a stock car, but my 89 LX with no AC and aluminum heads along with about 50 more #'s off the front end probably drop it about 3/4 of an inch. To me, the front is about perfect. Not "slammed" but a happy medium between too low and ugly high. The rear end is also a good amount. Maybe an inch or a little more. This can vary from car to car, but on a mostly stock suspension car with a lighter front end, I feel it really adds a nice balanced look to the car. I don't know how to add my pic to this. If someone can tell me quick I can do it, I'm fairly computer literate but have not looked into this yet. Thanks.
Darren, as far as handling, I think they are a slight improvement over stock, but still soft enough to provide a nice ride. You won't eat up any corners with them, but you can also turn decent track times with them (dragstrip) as you can see my times, and these are with the C springs and stock shocks and struts (100,00 miles and still are firm and handle ok) and with a MM Motorsports anti roll bar (well worth the money).

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
They are good springs ("C" springs) I have them on my 95 and they dropped it nicely, maybe 1 1/2" or so on a heavy car such as mine. They ride decent and handle decent.

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Moving to the correct forum.

Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine Tech Forum limited to engine related topics...

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have C springs with Koni reds on the front of mine. I have adjustable rear lower control arms, do don't judge the hieght there.

The "posed" pics in the link show my car with stock heads radiator, smog pump etc.

The pics from the track are with alum heads, removed smog, alum radiator, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts