Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car's warranty expired last month. I take it to my mechanic because I hear a swooshing/rubbing noise coming from my rear wheel. Turns out my caliper frooze on one side using up the brake pad and cut into my rotor.
That's three months after my rack and pinion needed to be changed. What's next? I don't wanna know:mad:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Sorry man, just grit your teeth and white-knuckle it. I know how you feel.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. I'm just blowing steam. Thanks;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, what's next? Well, now I hear a clicking noise coming from my front wheel when making left turns.

Any clues anyone? I'll let you know what it is on mon./tue. and you can win a prize!

:mad: :lol:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt>:p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Pete361 said:
Okay, what's next? Well, now I hear a clicking noise coming from my front wheel when making left turns.

Any clues anyone? I'll let you know what it is on mon./tue. and you can win a prize!

:mad: :lol:
Wheel Bearing

·
Registered
678 Posts
When There is heat, in this case your frozen rotor the grease becomes thin and bearing gets toasted. BTW you dont think your 391RWHP had anything to do with those brake issues do you ? ;) Kinda easy to go go go but dont forget the whoa whoa whoa.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NOVIFED said:
When There is heat, in this case your frozen rotor the grease becomes thin and bearing gets toasted. BTW you dont think your 391RWHP had anything to do with those brake issues do you ? ;) Kinda easy to go go go but dont forget the whoa whoa whoa.
I hear ya, but I don't think it was a hp thing but ford's crappy brakes. I hear it's becoming a common problem on the mustang. Who knows for sure. :)

But, on to new problems! :barf:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: After having my frozen calper fixed I then hear a clicking noise coming from my front wheel when turning. Turns out to be my center cap on my front right wheel. Somehow it starting making this annoying loud click. I took the wheel off and couldn't see anything. I put the wheel back and reinstalled the cap and no more noise.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts