Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
76 Posts
If you do a search on here there are a bunch of different articles on how to do it. That being said, my car Cherry Bomb came to me as an ex 4cyl car with a transplanted 351M in it.. The wiring harness has been hacked on and to change it over they took the fuel pump out and put in a straw... Yup you read that right... I've taken the old fuel tank off since it was filled with rust (it sat for 10 years in a garage) and I'm replacing the sending unit and hanger, but for the fuel pump I'm using a Carter P90055 which only puts out 12psi instead of the 50psi or so the factory one puts out.. you may wanna check the gph specs on it for what your engine may require..the next piece in my puzzle is finding a good return style pressure regulator, so I can keep the pressure down to about 6psi for the carb and keep the system running as a bypass system as it should be. Hope some of this helps with the fuel system, sorry I can't be more helpful with the wiring.. cheers and hope your project goes well!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts