Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know who has FMS C Springs on their verts? I want to get them, but don't know if there is any problems with the compression in the rear. I have a few questions...

1. Are there problems when you have 4 people in the car or have heavy weight in the trunk like scrapping, rubbing?

2. Does the C Springs eliminate the body roll?

3. Does it elimininate the nose dives?

4. How is the ride quality? Near stock or harsh?

Any comments from those guys who have them would really be appreciated. Thanks,
[email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you use shocks/struts as well? Did you need CC Plates?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you need them right away. Never. Or in the near future.

·
Registered
211 Posts
C worked great with stock shocks but even better with Tokico's

I saved money on the CC with the combo install, I have heard that with C you can use the stock CC and get into alignment but I never tried.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much does C lower your car 1.5?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I found out the hard way...it's not just the cost of the springs. To get mine to ride right, after replacing factory springs with "C" springs, I had to:

Repalce pinion snubber (MM, $12),
Replace shocks (Tokico Illuminas, Dallas Mustang, $540),
Replace caster/camber plates (MM, $195),
Get alignment, ($45)

As you see, lowering is an expensive proposition. And now I cannot even straddle road kill on the highway without hitting it on my K member X brace. My dogs sure do love the smell when I return home after a road trip, though! The possums here in Tennessee are everywhere! And they love to play in the road! We won't even talk about the skunks.

Having said all that, I love the look, and the handling, and the ride. Would I do it again, though? I dunno. Have to think long and hard. I do admit, I get a lot of compliments on the look. Don't know if this helps, but hope so,
CW

·
Registered
335 Posts
CWCobra said:
I found out the hard way...it's not just the cost of the springs. To get mine to ride right, after replacing factory springs with "C" springs, I had to:

Repalce pinion snubber (MM, $12),
Replace shocks (Tokico Illuminas, Dallas Mustang, $540),
Replace caster/camber plates (MM, $195),
Get alignment, ($45)

As you see, lowering is an expensive proposition. And now I cannot even straddle road kill on the highway without hitting it on my K member X brace. My dogs sure do love the smell when I return home after a road trip, though! The possums here in Tennessee are everywhere! And they love to play in the road! We won't even talk about the skunks.

CW
in my 00GT all I did was add the C's, I did not need cc plates, there is no need to replace your stock shocks/struts, and not everyone will need an alignment. as for road kill, here in Miami its not a big problem. SpeedBumps ARE!! you will need to go SLOW over bumps with 2 or more people in the car or you will scrape, but IMO our cars HAVE to get springed the factory 4X4 look sucks, good luck, later

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
89FOX, DO you think c springs will work ok on verts?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm sure they'll work fine. I got the BBK progressive rate springs instead, and it sits a little lower than those that have the C springs. Pics are at my site.

I also am currently using the stock shocks/struts, but plan to upgrade before too long. They work all right, but aren't quite enough to handle the higher spring rates.

I also am still using the stock pinion snubber, but that too will be replaced when I put the shocks on.

I haven't put on any CC plates yet, but that is in the cards. My alignment guy said that my drop (about 1.75-2") is pretty low, and is right on the verge of needing CC plates, he said he couldn't get it where he "wants it".

I have an offroad H-pipe, and I hit the 'vert crossmember (under the engine) before I hit the H. I have only bottomed out once or twice, when I hit a "dip" in the road that turned out to be a trough. I can go over speed bumps SLOWLY without bottoming out, with myself & my wife in the car.

The look is definitely worth it!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts