Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the price difference to get them to dress the track durring CD,it seems to be geting more people would be a lot better VHT down for traction

D

·
0 Posts
Or how about a better locale for road-course racing as well as drag racing.

I suggested this over a year ago before CD02, and was told it was too late in the game to change plans for CD02. Now CD03 has come and gone. Still just drag racing.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think road racing would be really cool.........I stillkick my self for not racing at cdo3

·
Registered
485 Posts
Indianapolis Raceway Park has a strip and road course. Although the road course runs right through the staging lanes. That might hamper things. Plus, I can imagine IRP takes a hefty amount of money to rent. Food for thought.

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
If you think traction in BG was scarce, just wait till you try racing at IRP.

Maybe they could have one lane for street tire cars and one lane for slick cars?

Steve

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
I would LOVE to see that Kelly!

Awesome news.

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with you LXguy, IRP track conditions suck! At least for Tuesday night events. But we gotta compete with FWD cars there. Plus it had both types, thats why I mentioned it.

By the way, I was one of the guys you stopped and said hi to on the way down to CD03 in the Louisville traffic jam. :)

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
Heh:

I knew that license plate looked familiar. LOL. I thought your car looked pretty cool.

I was trying to resist the urge to run the truck down too many times, as I am sure I was doing the track surface no good.

Between four tires spinning like a mofo and the sooty exhaust, it can't have been fun to have been lined up behind me.

If they have road racing next year, maybe I'll bring the dually again. LOL

Steve

·
Corral Charter Member
3,746 Posts
My best was a 16.50 @ like 80 mph. Its downright hard to get that thing to spin the tires on the street, but I couldn't get hooked up at all on the track. I had like a 3.0 60' time.

It did get a 9.90 in the eighth, so I think it kind of pukes out on the top end.

However, I don't think I have ever had such a liesurely cruise down the track. LOL.

Steve

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I know they did prep the track this year at CD at BG...but all the street radial tired cars (probably 75% of the cars at CD) just eat the grove up. Chris and Bob choose BG every year because mainly is it reasonable to rent for the day and somewhat centrally located for most corralers. I contact Chris about maybe setting up a corral road race day since that is more his type of racing.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
2.0's on stock suspension and street tires sounds like good traction to me!

Granted you slick guys may have had problems...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts