Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Mustang GT that didn't come with factory for lights. The other day I got a set of fog lights for it that plug right into the factory wires that are right there. Other than plugging them into the wires, and buying the factory switch what else do I need to do to make them work?

·
Registered
797 Posts
I am not sure, but I venture a guess that it does not have the brackets that the lights bolt to......

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, the factory brackets came with the lights. The frame already had provisions for the brackets I've already installed them. I'm just curious what it will take to run them with the factory wiring that is already there. I know I need a switch, but will there be power there once I install the switch?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
If the '95 is anything like the '87 to '93 5.0 LX Stangs, the most you should have to do is put a fuse in the fog light slot in the factory fuse box. When I upgraded my '87 LX, I had to add the fuse (in addition to the GT light switch, of course), but the fuse was already there on my '91 LX. Go figure. Also, if you are going to use higher than factory wattage lamps, I would add a power relay to protect the switch. The GTs of the '87 to '93 era had a problem, even with the factory wattage lamps, so I took no chances. Your '95 may have better wireing.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I THINK that it will require adding a relay in any case.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know if there is already a plug that the relay will go into? Or will I need to cut and splice one in?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I honestly dont know, someone more knowledgable should reply to this thread sooner or later, but I would guess that you would just need to plug it in.

They make foglight kits. Maybe you could try and figure out what is included in one.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm trying to install them as factory like as possible. I would rather not cut and splice wires and relays if I don't have to. I would almost rather replace the wiring harness if everything doesn't just plug in. I actually went to Ford to see if I could get a harness but the don't sell them. He told me to check the salvage yards. Maybe when the weather gets a little warmer I will, but it was -1 F this morning and thats a little to cold to be pulling parts at a bone yard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts