Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size spacer do I need for my 88GT? Its either the .875 or .950 I think. If it matters I do still have the stock serpentine arrangement.

John

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is supposedly a direct replacement. But, I assure you those pulleys do not line up lol. I think I will sell the FMS balancer and just get a direct fit.

John

·
Registered
283 Posts
I measured mine to be about a little over 1/2 inch off(280z C.A.T. Fluidampr). I just picked up the M8510-C351(.875 Thick). It should be ok! I'll be installing it this evening.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, let me know how it goes. I also measured mine at around 1/2" but maybe the dampener wasnt fully seated?

John

·
Registered
283 Posts
Well, just tried it on! Too thick. Plus my 28oz Fluidampr has a lip on it which fits inside the March Pulley. The M8510-C351 Spacer has a lip on both sides and does not fit flush with the damper. I have researched the MCH-1431 which should match up perfectly. According to picture via Summit Racing, it's flat on one side with a lip on the opposite side where the pulley goes. Techline was closed, but the salesman said it's 5/8 inches thick which should work. Just didn't wanna spend $65.00 for it. Oh Well, it was worth a try. :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang thats a *****. I hate it when I have to order a part to put another part on. It makes no sense. The aftermarket companies are trying to rip us!!! lol

John

·
Registered
283 Posts
Stang88AODGT said:
Dang thats a *****. I hate it when I have to order a part to put another part on. It makes no sense. The aftermarket companies are trying to rip us!!! lol

John
I know the feelin' all to well! LOL! Over $300 in March Pulley stuff just because I wanna run an electric WP.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts