Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my new engine intalled and used 19's from FMS. They are for "recalibrated MAF's" when intalled with the stock MAF the car ran way too rich. With the old stock 19's the car runs fine. Question is does the FMS 19's for a recalibrated MAF have a different flow rate ? any opions would be welcome ... thanks

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Re: FMS 19# Injectors

92Sport said:
I just had my new engine intalled and used 19's from FMS. They are for "recalibrated MAF's" when intalled with the stock MAF the car ran way too rich. With the old stock 19's the car runs fine. Question is does the FMS 19's for a recalibrated MAF have a different flow rate ? any opions would be welcome ... thanks
These injector are orange colored, right? If so, they should be a direct replacement for the stockers. You don't need some fancy MAF to run 19#'ers (although you can get an aftermarket MAF).

By the way, I never really understood the point of buying a $200 or so aftermarket MAF, and then sticking with the lame stock 19 pound injectors. I know that the aftermarket MAF has better flow, but your fuel delivery will still suck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, both sets are orange. Doesnt make any sense to me either, except Ford list the FMS 19 pound injectors as "not recomended for stock applications" and they cost about 200 bucks for 8 of them. The stock replacement injectors are 800 bucks for a set of 8. So, i figure the FMS 19s for recalibrated MAF's might be rated a little more than 19 pounds/hr to compensate for the the increased air flow offered by the say 75mm MAF vs the stock 55mm MAF. Any ideas ?.......

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
92Sport said:
Yup, both sets are orange. Doesnt make any sense to me either, except Ford list the FMS 19 pound injectors as "not recomended for stock applications" and they cost about 200 bucks for 8 of them. The stock replacement injectors are 800 bucks for a set of 8. So, i figure the FMS 19s for recalibrated MAF's might be rated a little more than 19 pounds/hr to compensate for the the increased air flow offered by the say 75mm MAF vs the stock 55mm MAF. Any ideas ?.......
$800 for 8 injectors??? Ummm ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
800 is what they cost from Ford. You saying that is too high ? I havnt priced them but thats what im getting charged for them.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
92Sport said:
800 is what they cost from Ford. You saying that is too high ? I havnt priced them but thats what im getting charged for them.
You're kidding right? you actually paid that much for them??????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts