Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working on my car this weekend and noticed that the lower half of the flywheel is showing. I have a Temec 3550 transmission. Is this normal? If not what do I need to close this up? It looks like there are mounting threads on the trans for something....

Here is a pic..

Thanks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
There should have been a metel plate that bolts up to those two holes on the bottom. I'm not sure if it is detrmental to not have one on there but, I guess its piece of mind to have one, so not large debre gets in it.

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Umm, did anyone do a clutch job lately?

Looks like you are missing the block plate, definitely not right. There shouldnt be an inspection plate like the Auto cars use that is removable with 2 -3 bolts, but there should be a plate that is sandwiched between the block and the bellhousing.

James

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's just not right. If you look at the bell housing you can see the mounting holes for the Block plate. I would try to find one or find out what happened to yours.:confused:

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I swapped trannies from Auto to T-45 and my installer didn't install the Blockplate either :(

Can it be installed without taking the tranny off the car? I looked at a friend of mines and it looks like it is sandwiched between the engine and the bellhousing really tight and there is no way to get it in there without taking the tranny off.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Tom in INdy

This is on a 2000 GT

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Sting said:
Can it be installed without taking the tranny off the car?
You have to take it completely apart. Not only that, but the flywheel has to come off since the plate goes behind it.
And djoz...don't take this the wrong way, but you seem to be in the wrong 'hood. Or is that a modular Fox? Not that you're not welcome here...the more the merrier!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts