Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am expirencing a strange problem with my 87 first off I have all the mods you see below. Every once in awhile, the cars RPM's fluxuate (not just on the gauge ,the motor revs also.) between 800 to 1500 up and down. this only happens at idle, every once in awhile. When I step on the gas it goes back to normal.I first thought it was my cam ,but I have had many muscle cars and never seen this before. I also expect my throttle position sensor to possibly be the fault. If anyone else has any knowledge of a problem like this please share--thanx...:confused:

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
Grab some food and drink and do a search on "idle surge" or "surging idle" etc. 100's of posts.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm resurrecting this post to say that I've looked at 5 pages of surging idle posts and haven't found one that mentions the fix for this problem for the 87-88 speed density cars. So if anyone knows what has to be replaced or fixed (btw my car is stock down to the silencer) please spell it out for me, please:D !!!!

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
There's nothing in any of those 5 pages that DOESN'T apply to a speed-density car except anything to do with a MAF meter or a BAP sensor. Everything else is the same. TPS, IAC, 10-pin connectors, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts