Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these two radiators would be the better choice for my car. Stock lingblock with an S=Trim? The Motorsport one I can score for $250, the Fluidyne I can score for about $350. Is the Fluidyne worth the extra $$?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
31x19 all aluminum summit radiator. its only $180

out of the 2 you listed id definitely get the fluidyne

take care,
adam

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
i do have one. pics are on my site (i think page 5). it is a tight fit but i couldnt be happier with it. my car never goes above 185 with that radiator, stock pump, 180 t-stat, and the black magic fan (which i really like). so you can see theres nothing special to the system. it just works real well even with my blower.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
136 Posts
Between the 2 I'd go with the motorsport since I paid 350 for a fluidyne and it had about 5 leaks with in a year. Got a replacement and it had 2 leaks a year later. At least they are making improvements. At Fun Ford weekend last year in Epping NH there was a place selling full alum. welded rads (no epoxy) for under 200, they weren't polished like fluidynes but were a hell of lot cheaper and couldn't be any worse.

In theory fluidyne should last longer since they have alum. tanks and contain no epoxy. Opposed to the motorsport that has plastic which tends to crack after a while. I doubt you would notice that much of a diffrence between the two in terms of cooling.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
the summit is all aluminum and fully welded as well, no epoxy. griffins (almost the same as summits) have epoxied cores.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
918 Posts
I have had a motorsport on my car for at least 5 years. I have an strim and engine mods, etc. Mine hasn't leaked a bit. I think the platic end tank/epoxy thing gets a bad rap from people that haven't actually owned one.

It cools great, even in 90*+ temps with the A/C on. I had an autometer guage on my car for a while, and it wouldn't go above about 180-185, even stopped in traffic.

The summit one I can't comment on, but I'd get a good look at how easy it installs in person before I spent the money.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
they also make a 28x19 that drops right in place.

im not saying that the epoxy ones are worse at all. just saying that the welded ones are better (in my opinion) and in this case its cheaper.

take care,
adam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts