Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any one of you could anwser a few ?s i have about some fluids it would be a big help

1. trans fluid i was looking at getting Royal Purple brand is there "MAX Gear" fluid 75w90 there trans fluid also is this what i will be putting in my rear end gear to? if not could you please list what fluids i need to get also how much fluid/ bottles do i need for the trans and for the rear end gears my car has a T45 tranny.

2. have any of you used there R21 or R41 oil in your motor if so what did you think? and last how much or how many bottles of this oil will i need for the motor.

thanks for any help vector:joy:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as i have been trolling the boards tonight found 4 qurts of GM syncro mech is or will be enough and seems to be what 90% of the people here recomend... as for oil and rear gear fluids i am still unsure... thanks again vector

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Do NOT use the 90W gear oil in the transmission. Use DexronII/Mercon ATF only. GM synchromesh is good fluid for them as well. If you have any significant mileage on the trans, a synthetic fluid can cause you to miss a shift. It all depends on the condition of the synchronizers. Any wear, and synlubes will not work well. Takes about 3 qts to fill up an empty transmission.

The rear axle should take a shade over 2qts if I remember correctly. This should be 80W90 gear oil. Synthetics are fine for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts