Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i put flowmaster delta flow 40 series on my 2001 mustang gt. i'm really happy w/ the sound. But i want to keep the sound and make it louder . what do y'all recommend ? larger piping? and what am i looking at for costs?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Get a mid pipe without cats (as long as you do not have emissions regulations). And if you want to spend a bit more money go with long tube headers. But plan if you want the headers or not because you'll have to get a shorter mid pipe to accomidate the headers.

Prices vary depending on brand. LTs run 300+, H pipes 200+

I personally have BBK LTs, Mac Pro chamber, and 2 chamber flowmasters.

FYI if you had bought the 2 chamber flows (aka. American thunder) it would've been louder. The delta flow series are made to be quieter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would recommend an off-road H, MAC Prochamber is a good sounding one, very loud with awesome tone. I got mine new for $220 and installed it in my driveway. If you have emissions just swap it in and out for testing. I wouldn't recommend an X pipe with the flows, they will give you a different sound than you want. good luck
Chris

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have the Mac offroad H-pipe. Makes the exhaust much louder after removing those 4 cats.. You should of when with the American Thunder series. Louder then the Delta flow..

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got my AT catback from Summit today and I do not see anything that says deltaflow. The mufflers have flowmaster stamper on them. I would also like to know if they are deltaflow.

I also have a prochamber on the way so i will let you know how it sounds after I install it this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts