Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 87 gt, but i like the lx setup with the tailpipes, has anyone drilled holes in their bumper, if so how successful have you been? i want to get an american thunder 2 chamber lx setup with stainless steel tips, any hints?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, it can be done, but IMHO it looks like @ss. :barf: Stick with the GT turn-down tips.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Id agree with Mr. Snake. I think that looks sooooooooooooo gay! Either get a Cobra bumper to do the job right or keep it the rear bumber stock with either turn down tails or dumps @ the mufflers. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
89cpe said:
Id agree with Mr. Snake. I think that looks sooooooooooooo gay! Either get a Cobra bumper to do the job right or keep it the rear bumber stock with either turn down tails or dumps @ the mufflers. :)
I also agree with Black Snake and 89 cpe
I have seen some and they really look like :barf:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have an 89 GT and I also wanted LX SS tailpipes out the back. I came VERY close to cutting holes in the rear GT bumper, but realized that it was going to be a very stupid thing to do, so I bought a 93 Cobra rear bumper and now it looks nice!!

Ive seen quit a few stangs with the GT bumper cut up so LX pipes can be used, and all of them look like a blind man used a hack-saw trying to cut out a circle. Im glad I didnt do it.

Either stick with the GT turndowns, or go with a 93 Cobra rear bumper.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys, dont kill me for this, its only till i get the cobra bumper, its not a permanant thing, i just wanted to know if it woulf cause any serious problems to the rear bumper from exhaust heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts