Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really hating this floor pan project. I am trying to get the entire floor out in one piece and it is a royal pain in the arse. I'm about ready to bag it and just hack out patch panels. Anyone else ever do an entire floor replacement? I have cut about 100 spot welds and the damn thing isn't out yet.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Are you replaceing a rusted floor pan or makeing it better. What is the project I'm interested.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to cut the entire floor pan out in one piece by cutting all the spot welds and then welding the entire pan into a different car. I have an '82 GT with bad floors and a '93 notchback shell with perfect floors, it's even a 5 speed car with the higher tranny hump. I wanted to preserve all the factory welding flanges for a factory looking install, but I'm so frustrated I might just hack out patch panels with my trusty sawzall.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because they don't come with all the little plugs and stuff for the holes. Because I don't know how good the quality is. Because I knew the ford panels would fit properly. Because I got the entire shell for $200 which is cheaper than aftermarket pans and I also got a decent carpet, a nice gray passenger seat, nice gray seat belts, spindles, front brakes, and a drum to drum rear axle I need for another car. Among other things. Oh my buddy got door strikes. I forgot to mention the nice wiper motor and MAP sensor I ganked off the car, oh, and nice sunvisors with the little lights in them and a spare wiper transmission and lots of other neat little freebies. Oh, cant forget that nice newish dual-tone horn slated for install in my '82. Think I'll take the control arms and A arms and maybe the whole K frame while I'm at it.

I would like to hear from anyone that has actually used the aftermarket panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts