Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'90 Windveil Blue LX (Dart Turbo T56)
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would you guys share some pictures showing where you mounted your Flex Fuel Sensor?

how are you liking the setup?

pk

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I mounted mine in the front fender but I don't have a pic of it installed. I couldn't live without my car being flex fuel. I tried like hell to get the gas gauge to read accurately but it's empty when showing 1/4 tank. I've nearly run out of gas more times than I can count but always within a sputter or two away from the nearest station.
Here's what I made for the sensor which is located in the return line:

Here you can see how I ran the fuel lines but the sensor wasn't installed at this time. Currently it is located in one of the lines that go up at a 45* angle in front of the tire:

ks

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Pro M flex fuel sensor is designed to be mounted in the supply line, not the return.

I love it. True Flex Fuel is probably my favorite part about Insight.

I believe I posted a pic of my install somewhere in here before. I’ll look for it. The sensor is just about under the passenger’s feet right before stock lines would make a turn upward behind the fender liner.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Pro M flex fuel sensor is designed to be mounted in the supply line, not the return.

I love it. True Flex Fuel is probably my favorite part about Insight.

I believe I posted a pic of my install somewhere in here before. I’ll look for it. The sensor is just about under the passenger’s feet right before stock lines would make a turn upward behind the fender liner.
thanks john
i do recall a conversation about it here although don't believe you ever posted pictures, and couldn't find the thread

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
488 Posts

thanks john
i do recall a conversation about it here although don't believe you ever posted pictures, and couldn't find the thread
I could have sworn I did, but I can’t find it either. Maybe I just sent one as a text message to someone.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I put mine in the return line, I added a sensor before the system had the flex fuel option and was adjusting stoic AFR based on my ethanol content, I upgraded to the Pro-M sensor and left it in the return line, I had no room to plumb it anywhere in the feed side, I have an ethanol content gauge and have been watching it, stays at E10 for pump, I had a conversation with Chris about it and can’t remember the exact reason why it needed to be in the feed vs return, but I’m currently just running pump gas and water/Meth

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I put mine in the return line, I added a sensor before the system had the flex fuel option and was adjusting stoic AFR based on my ethanol content, I upgraded to the Pro-M sensor and left it in the return line, I had no room to plumb it anywhere in the feed side, I have an ethanol content gauge and have been watching it, stays at E10 for pump, I had a conversation with Chris about it and can’t remember the exact reason why it needed to be in the feed vs return, but I’m currently just running pump gas and water/Meth
The whole idea with it being in the feed line is to keep it from getting aerated fuel, which could mess up the reading and cause the computer to possibly pull fuel - likely under WOT if it thinks the ethanol content is lower than it is.

It’s doable to install a flex fuel sensor in the return line, depending on pump size it could always see a steady stream of fuel. It’s just not ideal.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could have sworn I did, but I can’t find it either. Maybe I just sent one as a text message to someone.
found it here

Reactions: John Janek

·
Registered
Just a stock 302....
411 Posts
About to purchase the Pro-m flex fuel sensor for my....N/A 427w?

Have no idea what gains if any on a Windsor. & since I can't find anyone who's done it by searching forums, I guess I'll have to share the data myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.