Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen and heard many folks state the E-cam doesn't produce good low end power/torque. Even the advertisement states it's a midrange to topend power cam.

Please look at this dyno sheet and tell me if these are poor numbers. Maybe I'm ignorant, but my E-cam about snaps your head off when I'm able to hook up.

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3328&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

If these are respectable numbers, then maybe my combo is setup right.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Pretty nice curve. The ecam has been around the block for a long time. The a/f looks alittle fat from about 3500 to the end so there's probably more power hiding.

·
Registered
600 Posts
It's flat, but on a scale in 200 rpm increments it will be. Flat torque to me is take the peak number bell curve it with a 5% variance and see what the range is. If you can do that within a range of 2000 to 2500 rpm, you have a very stout piece.

Chris

·
Registered
365 Posts
He has a 7% variance off of his peak torque from ~2950-~5050. That's a good combo. Is the intake ported?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Those are excellent numbers. And doing it with an alphabet cam and edelbrocks no less. Should be an excellent all around performer. Good work!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Full Tang,
Nothing was ported. The intake and heads were right out of the box. I did do some little things to the block, rods, oil pump, like balancing, chamfering, pretty much "blue printing" what I could and a windage tray.

Gregm,
You are right, my fuel pressure is a little high (44psi) and I could use some more timing, I'm only at 13degress. But my plugs looked great and no ping so I left as is. I need to go back and tweak the timing and fuel pressure.

Thanks for everyone's positive comments. Good to hear.

And thanks FunkRider 82 for lightening up the chart.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I just compared your curves to mine...oof! What were the conditions in the shop at the time? My run was done at ambient temperature of 97.5F, my parts are so similar (H/C/I/TB/pullies were identical), and my curve looks nothing like that. I'm 25ft-lbs short on torque at the peak, and about 10hp to boot.

Do you know how much timing you ended up with? Are you running stock A9L timing? Where's your base timing set? I'm about to copy some A9L timing curves into my Tweecer!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Noslo5.0 said:
I just compared your curves to mine...oof! What were the conditions in the shop at the time? My run was done at ambient temperature of 97.5F, my parts are so similar (H/C/I/TB/pullies were identical), and my curve looks nothing like that. I'm 25ft-lbs short on torque at the peak, and about 10hp to boot.

Do you know how much timing you ended up with? Are you running stock A9L timing? Where's your base timing set? I'm about to copy some A9L timing curves into my Tweecer!
Noslos5.0

Temp was about 82 degrees out. Car sat for about 30 minutes before the pulls. However, we did have a problem with the shop fan not wanting to stay put in front of the car so I pretty much didn't have any forced air up front to help keep things cool.

My base timing is at 13 degrees and Im using the stock A9L with no chips/untweeked. So that would give me about 38 degrees total before 3000 rpm I believe.

How do you like your Tweecer? I'm really looking at getting one?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts