Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake light went out in my spoiler and ford wanted like a hundred & something for a new light :eek:
Went over to auto zone and got one of those rear window mount brake light kits for $9.99 Took it apart and put it inside the spoiler. Its a little off center, I'll have to move it over a bit but it looks ok.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I asked a few months ago if anyone had problems w/ their cobra Wing brake light like I have had and everyone said it was an elec. prob. So, I'm assuming your's went out too? I have seen a few cars that have gone out and a guy I work with used to be a Ford rep and he said it is a common problem. Any one else have this issue???

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It went out about a month ago. Checked for voltage and that was good so I replaced the light with that auto zone light and it works great. A hundred bucks for a new brake light form Ford, whats up with that?:confused:

Shoup1cobra said:
I asked a few months ago if anyone had problems w/ their cobra Wing brake light like I have had and everyone said it was an elec. prob. So, I'm assuming your's went out too? I have seen a few cars that have gone out and a guy I work with used to be a Ford rep and he said it is a common problem. Any one else have this issue???

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looks fantastic, nice job. $100 sounds pretty reasonable considering the reflector on the side of your bumper will run you $65.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thats Beautiful!

I have gotten myself into a bit of a mess. I bought a 94 cobra spoiler to put on my V6, but it came with no brake light. No light housing, no nothing. Could you PLEASE give me some specifics on what you did here? perhaps a PN for the light that you put in? I dont have an AutoZone nearby, so I will have to try and find it on a website.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used the stock red lens that was in there. Then disassembled the AutoZone piece and used a small amount of clear epoxy to attach the light assembly to the lens. If I remember correctly the lens from the AutoZone light will work with a bit of trimming.
Look around at your local parts place. All I used was a thin style rear window mount third brake light kit and took it apart. Just make sure to get the length you need because they had different lengths.

Chris

TCRIMSONK said:
Thats Beautiful!

I have gotten myself into a bit of a mess. I bought a 94 cobra spoiler to put on my V6, but it came with no brake light. No light housing, no nothing. Could you PLEASE give me some specifics on what you did here? perhaps a PN for the light that you put in? I dont have an AutoZone nearby, so I will have to try and find it on a website.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
ChrisinNashville said:
The brake light went out in my spoiler and ford wanted like a hundred & something for a new light :eek:
Went over to auto zone and got one of those rear window mount brake light kits for $9.99 Took it apart and put it inside the spoiler. Its a little off center, I'll have to move it over a bit but it looks ok.
anyway you could repost the pics?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Dude you do realize this thread is over three years old? I doubt the pics exist anymore.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Dude do YOU realize that this is why the search button exists...unlike most people who are to lazy to search, I thought I would give it a shot instead of starting a new thread

·
Registered
992 Posts
I would say the purpose of the search function is to get information from old threads, not revive dead ones.

You might be better off PMing the guy and asking him if he has the pics still.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I guess since we are getting so specific, I should have stated that this is one of the uses of the search function...not the only one, but definatley is a use of it. I will try sending him a pm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts