Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a couple of friends were thinkin of comin, friends have a 69 Mach One and a 65 Coupe, anyways, I was wondering what to expect. I've never been to a drag strip before, would my car be allright to run with just lap belts? Would I have to have a helmet? Anything else I need to know? I really hope I'll be able to come and see everybody, it seems like it would be really cool. By the way, anyone know if fireworks are legal in Bowling Green?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
helmet for 13.99 and quicker.....lapbelt is ok unless you're going fast enough to require a cage. Try to get some practice before July ;)

Corral Day is a great time, you and the friends wont be let down

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAT88GT said:
helmet for 13.99 and quicker.....lapbelt is ok unless you're going fast enough to require a cage. Try to get some practice before July ;)
Thats good, I doubt the Fairlane will run any lower than fourteens before I get some new heads or the ones on it ported, so I should be allright there. I would love to go to a local track but I believe the closest one is in Bristol which is like an hour and forty five minutes away, I may drive up there sometime and see if I can get a few runs, I hate to go my first time without anybody thats ever been and make myself look like a dumbass though, haha.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm in the same boat, never drag raced before. Hopefully I can try it before July because I'd like to go to CD and not look like a total noob.:)

·
Registered
399 Posts
CobraR19 said:
I'm in the same boat, never drag raced before. Hopefully I can try it before July because I'd like to go to CD and not look like a total noob.:)
Hmm, me either.. I have dont alot of mud drags though... I know my heart starts going evertime line up, I could only imagine with an oppenent.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
Actually, CD03 is a great place to learn. You get the chance to make LOTS of passes, and there are plenty of people willing to help you out. :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Word of advice.....

If the car in the other lane is a 2001 Green GT Convertible with a tan top, Just wait until after he has hit the wall before you leave the line:D

Watching that in the rearview mirror is pretty freaky:eek:

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
ragtopjr said:
Word of advice.....

If the car in the other lane is a 2001 Green GT Convertible with a tan top, Just wait until after he has hit the wall before you leave the line:D

LMFAO!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
ragtopjr said:
Word of advice.....

:lol: anyways. You'll make all the passes you want. bring shade your gonna need it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You should make the trip.

Me and a few buds went last year and had a hell of a time. It was hotter than s*** but well worth it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
92StangMan said:
You should make the trip.

Me and a few buds went last year and had a hell of a time. It was hotter than s*** but well worth it.
I'm really gonna try to, shouldnt be more than a two or three hour drive for me. My mom has already told me that I cant go unless my dad goes :rolleyes: I believe I'm just going to say that I'm going to stay at the beach with a friend or somethin like that and go, hell Kentucky is kinda like the beach... filled with hillbillys... with no water or sand. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
:lol: I dont think the guy in the green convertible is coming back this year :)

after last year he is probably afraid that we will all tie him up at some remote location never to be found again..... and he is probably afraid for good reason :evil:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
If you're wanting to shoot fireworks there, please do it at least 1000 feet away from my car, and everyone elses too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Sprayed it on street tires, and didnt back out when it got sideways.

Ed (ragtopjr) has the video hosted somewhere... POST IT, [email protected]#$

1 - 16 of 16 Posts