Stock manifolds
Steeda SFCs
MM HD LCAs
Steeda Sport springs

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found out the bypass valve wasn't working because the screw on the butterfly valve was loose. Just took it for a drive and it runs way harder! I'll be back at the track tonight.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
what kinda power numbers are you making? i ran similar et's with i believe higher mph last year with 413 hp and 450 rwtq.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kinda power numbers are you making? i ran similar et's with i believe higher mph last year with 413 hp and 450 rwtq.
I don't know how much power, it was tuned on the street. But since I fixed the bypass this morning, it runs a lot better. Hoping for a better ET tonight. But even last night, I was running out of gear, so can't do much more about trap speed until I get my 27" tires mounted.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
gotcha. we only have 1/8 mile around here. sadly i did not hit the track this year. maybe in the next couple weekends i can go before it closes. saw your project thread about putting on the blower and all that. nice thread. good luck tonight hope you can break some better #'s. that 60 ft aint too bad. what were you running on for that, dr's?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Believe it or not, Nitto NT555's(not DRs) 275/40/17.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
dang, that's pretty good then on pure street tires. surprised your 60 ft is that low. i couldn't get much better bfg dr's.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These tires usually suck, but the track was prepped pretty damn good last night.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Nice runs. My 12.9 looks almost identical to yours.

How were you launching to get the 1.91 60ft?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice runs. My 12.9 looks almost identical to yours.

How were you launching to get the 1.91 60ft?
Thanks.

Honestly, I'm not sure what RPM I was launching at. I usually just go by sound, but probably around 2500. And I just come off the clutch really fast, but not quite dumping it. There were a bunch of big tire race cars going that night, so that helped a ton.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
After you release the clutch, wait til it bites and then floor it?

I was see sawing clutch/gas last time for a 2.0. Pretty inconsistent though. It's either an ok 60 or smoking the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Cool. Thanks. I'm going to try that next time.

How about burnout and tire pressure?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool. Thanks. I'm going to try that next time.

How about burnout and tire pressure?

I run my Nittos at 18 psi.

I go around the water box, back up a little, then rev it up, dump the clutch and burnout til I feel it starting to catch, then let out, back up, and stage.

BTW, I don't use the brake when I burnout. I just go down to about the where the lights are. LOL.

Once I get the Hoosiers on some rims I'm gonna have to learn how to do a real burnout. Ha

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
111mph will get you into the bottom 12's/very high 11's, but your 60ft's are horrible lol. you'd need a 1.5

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
you'll enjoy the qtp's

·
Registered
699 Posts
Nice times.....doing better than me lol......i only did a 13.4...im confused lol

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice times.....doing better than me lol......i only did a 13.4...im confused lol
Dang.. No good!

I am getting the Mondo welded on some time this week, then retuned at the track hopefully Friday or Saturday. I should have my wheels and tires by then too. I'm hoping for low 12's.

Do you know of any obvious problems with your setup to be running like that?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts