Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, on the 27th, the gang and i are headed to hubcity in south mississippi and this will be my first time to run the car. i have removed or will remove the following:
passenger seat
rear seat
spare tire and jack
i have no cats
no spoiler
windshield wipers
floormats
front right headlight
front swaybar

What else can i remove, that won't be a hastle to reinstall aftewards?
How much does my car weigh after this has been removed?
with me (192lbs)?

here is my setup:]
370 hp 360ftlbs
v2sq 9~10#s depending on wheather
4.10 gears
nitto 555r dragradials-315x35x17's on the rear
stock suspension

since the dyno tune i have installed:
Magnaflow magnapack catback~may gain 6-10hp (had just welded in flowmasters)
denso plugs (the cheap plugs b/f made my power drop off realy bad on the dyno chart)
pro 5.0

before we go:
raptor shift light

what tire pressure are you guys running with these type tires?
what rpm have you been launching at with 4.10s and dragradials?

the wheather is going to be humid and @ around 72~80*
i know its alot of questions, but if you can answer just one then help me out.
last, anyone got any predictions?????????
thanks

:joy:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
IMO you should run about 16-18 psi in your Nitto's and do a decent burnout to heat them. You should be able to launch at a decent RPM like 3000ish. Experiment with your launch RPM as there is a fine line between bogging and spinning. My best 60' times on street tires have come when I spin just a little and then hook. I can't go WOT in 1st gear but with the Nitto 315's you should be fine. Personally I wouldn't remove all the stuff because I like to be able to run my track times on the street as well, but to each their own. With all that said it is difficult to produce great times out of a blown GT w/o some practice. So I think you will run a mid to high 12 at about 113-115mph. Either way you will love it and become an addict!LOL By the way I would dish those Denso's and go with some cheap copper ones like the AWSF12C's. Let me know how you do. later Ron

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply primetime. i had my mind set on the motorcraft's, but i was told the denso's would actualy help me alot more. what gears do/did you have in your car to run that 1.927? with that hp, shouldn't your 60' s be down alittle more? not tryin to flame you, cause those are some good times. just wondering if you spun out of the hole, or what.
thanks again primetime

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Dude, No problem. The 60' was leaving at idle(900RPM) on street tires. I have actually cut some 1.8 60's on street tires. I am finally in the process of having my 35th ann. wheels widened to 10" so that I can run 315's out back. I am pretty sure that my car with slicks would run in the 11.6-11.9 range. I have 3.73's which suck and will be going to 4.10's this winter. 3.73's put you through the traps at too low of an RPM in 4th gear, like 5800ish. With 4.10s' I will be going through the traps at about 6300-6500RPM on a 6700 redline. Best of luck and most importantly have fun:) later Ron

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ron! hopeing to hit 400hp myself by the end of the summer. i'm just sitting here looking at the vortech aftercooler:) and its killing me not to just go ahead and put it on and get it retuned. next summer i'm looking into comp cams, and some sort of forged bottom end.
later

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sure! I like the Vortech cooler but it is a ***** to install as I had to relocate the battery to the trunk. The nice thing about the water to air cooler is that you can load it with ice at the track and really cool the charge. On the street though if you get stuck in traffic the coolant gets heatsoaked pretty bad. Also, the heat-exchanger is very small and I plan to upgrade that to a bigger one. Again, good luck and let me know how you do. later Ron

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll let you guys know as soon as i get back. i plan on makeing a switch that'll turn the pump on and off so that when i go to the track, i can dump the ice in and pull up to the line, flip the switch to turn the pump on, presto. crateing the coldest possible charge. oh yeah, i looked at the instalation of the cooler, and it doesn't look like there is anything to it. my only problem is trying to figure out where all the wires go.
later

·
Registered
423 Posts
Just find out who you're racing, and sneak under their car when they're not looking and snip a few spark plug wires. Works every time.

J/K Don't do that. Just work on reaction time and launch. Launching is a science, you want to hook but not so well that you get a dead hook and bog, or overpower the traction and spin and lose power. It's like your first time driving stick. You gotta figure out how to get the most out of it. And don't wait till the green to react, or you'll be late

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
You're gonna want to bring an extra set of rear brake pads w/ you. Careful you don't over extend the front brakes by braking deep every time.
Start out with 36/32 psi then adjust from there. Watch that they don't get greasy on you, or you'll have problems.
Take your time and learn the line. Work up to speed. If you go off the track, try to go off straight.

ohh....you're drag racing.....try not to fall asleep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts